This QQI Level 5 certificate course provides the knowledge and skills for those who would like to work in the accounts administration section of a company. Students gain expertise in general administration and specialize in accounts based skills.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration 5M2468
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
€500 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250)
- Business Administration Skills 5N1610 – Examine a range of recruitment options for selecting and appointing staff and current employment rights legislation. Maintain a range of documents pertaining to HR management and employees including employment contracts, attendance records etc. Explore sources of finance for a business including cash-flow. Examine different types of meetings held and complete a range of documentation necessary for the effective function of a meeting. Explain the role of quality systems.
- Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised 5N1354 – Learn to record business transactions , post to ledgers and draw up a trial balance using both a manual accounting system and a computerised package.
- Word Processing 5N1358 – Learn to produce professional mailable document. Learn file management and a host of functions including clipart, headers, footers, watermarks, graphics, tabs etc.
- Teamworking 5N1367 – Participate in core team-working activities to include negotiation, problem solving, finding solutions, decision making and conflict resolution. Demonstrate appropriate communications, problem solving and negotiation techniques in a range of team-working situations and roles to include leadership roles and give a receive feedback. Monitor personal strengths and skills as a team participant.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Spreadsheet Methods 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Payroll Manual and Computerised 5N1546 – Process the payroll for employees using manual and computerised systems under the cumulative tax system to include gross pay, holidays, unpaid leave, credits etc. Learn about emergency and temporary tax systems and the subsequent transfer to the cumulative tax system. Extract information from completed records to prepare all necessary end-of-period and year-end returns and tax forms for the revenue commissioners.
- Digital Presentations 5N0653 – Design, create and deliver a presentation to include Clip art, video clips, hyperlinks, animation effects and apply transitions and timings for slides. Evaluate the implications of the choice of venue to include lighting, room size, power points, audience size etc.
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed.
An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Two week work placement
- Professional guest lecturers
- Jobs seminar
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration 6M5013
Great progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course.
Accounts departments, Any business office environment. All students can access the CCOC Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn Alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
My experience in the Cork College of Commerce was welcoming and professional. I received excellent tuition and there was a very good support structure. I developed a good exam technique and acquired practical skills which are essential for the modern office. I found the staff to be encouraging, supportive, motivating and caring. My colleagues were also helpful and supportive throughout the course. I am currently employed by the HSE and am happy and confident in my work place. Everything I learned in Essential IT for the Office is relevant for my job on a day-to-day basis.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.