This course builds on the knowledge of QQI certificate Level 5 related courses. Students are encouraged to develop and improve their existing skills to a higher level. The college experience will help to increase the student’s expertise to position themselves for job progression.
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration 6M5013
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
Hotsoft (front office package) certificate
€530 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €280)
- Administration Practice 6N4169
- Customer Service 6N0697 – Construct an organisational customer care charter for two different types of organisation. Design a customer service programme for staff. Facilitate effective teamwork and customer care. Design a tool to measure customer satisfaction.
- Word Processing 6N4977
- Spreadsheets 6N4089 – Develop an advanced working knowledge using multiple worksheets, formulas and functions in a Spreadsheet application for many practical uses at work and at home.
- Human Resource Management 6N3750 – Generate appropriate recruitment and selection documentation to include job specification, person specification and marking sheets. Devise an interview strategy for a vacancy to include an appropriate interview environment, panel and set of interview questions. Understand training and development procedures in an organisation. Evaluate good performance management and reward systems.
- Digital Presentation 5N0563
- Managing People 6N3945 or Leadership 6N2191 – Manage projects and tasks to include working with a team on a practical project that results in effective team performance. Evaluate leadership styles and draw up a personal leadership plan for a task, project or job with regard to strengths and areas for improvement. Handle group dynamics and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Text Production 6N4945 – learn the the knowledge, skill and competence to produce a range of complex documents to a mailable business standard at a production speed of 45 words per minute with 97% accuracy. or Front Office Skills 6N4186
- Work Experience 6N1946 – Present a detailed personal skills audit and career plan including personal goals, action points, development opportunities and career paths. Demonstrate supervisory skills and capacities in the workplace.
For entry to Level 6 a full QQI Level 5 Award in a complementary area is required. All applicants are interviewed.
- One day a week work placement which students are required to source
- Professional guest lecturers
Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
Supervisory roles in administration environments. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
I found myself going back to education after 10 years, it was daunting but helped me grow and showed me how enjoyable college life can be. I got a full-time job in the dental practice where I did my work experience and am now continuing my education in UCC.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.