Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business 6M4985
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
€530 including QQI examination fees. Medical card holders exempt from €280.
- Business Management 6N4310 – understand the role and function of management in a business environment. Gain a detailed picture of the management of planning, organising and controlling. Develop effective management skills such as leadership and communications
- Leadership 6N2191 – Manage projects and tasks to include working with a team on a practical project that results in effective team performance. Evaluate leadership styles and draw up a personal leadership plan for a task, project or job with regard to strengths and areas for improvement. Handle group dynamics and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Project Management 6N4090 Master the essential skills and tools of Project Management by learning how to integrate its 5 process groups following the PMBOK guidelines. Learn how to use Ms Project to schedule your project & also create WBS diagrams. Complete assignments as part of this course to demonstrate your skills.
- Marketing Communications 6N4370 – Develop an advertising campaign to include setting objectives, identifying target audience, determining budget. Analyse how effective database marketing can improve customer relationships including the impact of the internet, mobile communications and social media as direct marketing tools. Research public relations to include the various PR tools and their effectiveness.
- Sales and Marketing Management 6N3613 – Devise and after sales service policy for an organisation including interpersonal skills required when dealing with a dissatisfied customer and how new sales opportunities can be created from after sales service. Design sales management techniques to meet the needs of a range of organisations to include appropriate marketing and selling key performance indicators. Estimate the budgets and forecasting for sales and marketing plan.
- Web Authoring 5N1910 – Learn the principles of good website design including target market, site objectives, navigation solutions etc. Plan an appropriate design and user interface for a specified website including documenting each stage and selection of an appropriate web authoring tool. Employ HTML and CSS code generators. website functionality and resolution of any functional issues. Learn about site maintenance.
- Event Management 6N4800 – Produce an event plan document to include health and safety statement, venue floor plans, event contract, event presentation format etc. manage an event or some specific aspect of an event ensuring appropriate supervision of staff and resource allocation. Design promotional tools for an event and implement project management skills in the design, planning and evaluation of an event.
- Work Experience 6N1946 – Present a detailed personal skills audit and career plan including personal goals, action points, development opportunities and career paths. Demonstrate supervisory skills and capacities in the workplace.
Full FETAC/QQI Level 5 Award in a marketing related area
- One day per week work placement in a marketing/ event management/advertising/ PR setting for the duration of the course which students are required to source themselves
- Fire safety course
- Professional guest lecturers
- Practical event management experience
- Entrepreneurial Skills Workshop
- Manual handling training and certification
Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
Sales and marketing, marketing communications, corporate affairs, self employment customer service and event management. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
I loved my marketing and event management course in CCOC. It is a great college where you get a lot of support and help from your tutors. It gave me the confidence to pursue higher education, which I am currently studying a degree in Marketing and Multimedia at the University of Roehampton.
I am a 26 year old qualified accountant working in Quintas Partners in Cork City, I have this week took a senior accountant role within this firm which will give me the platform to progress in my career and achieve my goals I set in 2007 when I started my journey in Cork College of Commerce.
CCOC provided me with the encouraging, supportive & motivating environment I needed to excel in my studies & progress to UWSTD where I completed my Marketing degree with just one further year study there. The high marks I received in my degree was testament to the three years I spent in CCOC being constantly challenged & supported by brilliant teachers, as is my job as a Marketing Executive. The personal approach was one of my best aspects, everyone’s needs were catered for individually and there was no “one size fits all” attitude.