A Level 6 QQI Advanced Certificate designed to address the management element of the Security Industry for those desiring to occupy a supervisory role.
Or send us your phone number (with an optional message), and we will ring you.
QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Security Operations 6M4980
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression
€530 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €280)
- Business Management 6N4310 – Investigate a SWOT and PEST analysis for an an organisation and analyse their impact. Explore a range of organisation types including their mission, vision and objectives. Examine leadership and management styles, evaluate tools and techniques used in recruitment, selection and appraisal. Design a procedure for a management process, compile a report and evaluate the process.
- Crime Prevention 6N1780 – Devise procedures for the prevention of crime with regard to cash and property movement and access to sensitive information. Manage the provision of effective crime prevention and reduction procedures as part of an overall security service. Evaluate the motivation involved in a range of criminal activities. Investigate the use of electronic aids including deterrents, evidence, use in court, visual supervision etc. Devise internal strategies for crime prevention and reduction among staff and employees.
- Customer Service 6N0697 – Construct an organisational customer care charter for two different types of organisation. Design a customer service programme for staff. Facilitate effective teamwork and customer care. Design a tool to measure customer satisfaction.
- Leadership 6N2191 – Manage projects and tasks to include working with a team on a practical project that results in effective team performance. Evaluate leadership styles and draw up a personal leadership plan for a task, project or job with regard to strengths and areas for improvement. Handle group dynamics and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Safety Management 6N1782 – Design an induction training programme in relation to safety awareness at work. Devise and manage a training session in relation to use of PPE and in relation to correct application of safety signs. Devise a health and safety strategy aimed at improving workplace safety culture. Design a procedure for recording and monitoring data collected in safety audits and inspections.
- Spreadsheets 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Supervisory Security Management 6N1784 – Implement procedures for the recruitment, selection deployment, management and supervision of a range of staff. Manage the provision of a staff welfare and continuous professional development programme for all staff in line with industry standards and requirements. Manage the delivery of an effective security service in a variety of settings, addressing security and management considerations and resource constraints. evaluate the different methods of staff supervision available within the security industry.
- Work Experience 6N1946 – Present a detailed personal skills audit and career plan including personal goals, action points, development opportunities and career paths. Demonstrate supervisory skills and capacities in the workplace.
Full QQI level 5 Award in Security Studies or equivalent, must have the Guarding Skills module 4N1118 completed.
- One day a week work placement which students are required to source
- Short extra courses in Fire Safety and Self Defense
- Professional guest lecturers
- Safe Pass Certification (optional)
Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
Career opportunities exist is every area of the private security industry, including retail security, event and entertainment security, guarding services, monitoring etc. Graduates would be well placed to move into a supervisory role within the industry. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
I loved my marketing and event management course in CCOC. It is a great college where you get a lot of support and help from your tutors. It gave me the confidence to pursue higher education, which I am currently studying a degree in Marketing and Multimedia at the University of Roehampton.
I am a 26 year old qualified accountant working in Quintas Partners in Cork City, I have this week took a senior accountant role within this firm which will give me the platform to progress in my career and achieve my goals I set in 2007 when I started my journey in Cork College of Commerce.
CCOC provided me with the encouraging, supportive & motivating environment I needed to excel in my studies & progress to UWSTD where I completed my Marketing degree with just one further year study there. The personal approach was one of my best aspects, everyone’s needs were catered for individually and there was no “one size fits all” attitude.