This QQI Level 6 advanced certificate builds on the knowledge of the QQI certificate Level 5 related courses (a background in business/legal administration subjects is advisable) and enables students to gain a more in depth knowledge of the legal arena.
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business 6M4985
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
CCOC Certificate in Legal Evolve
€530 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €280)
- Business Management 6N4310 – Investigate a SWOT and PEST analysis for an an organisation and analyse their impact. Explore a range of organisation types including their mission, vision and objectives. Examine leadership and management styles, evaluate tools and techniques used in recruitment, selection and appraisal. Design a procedure for a management process, compile a report and evaluate the process.
- Business Law 6N4045 – Develops an understanding of the important legal issues which may arise in the modern commercial environment. Explore a diverse range of commercial legal topics including company, consumer and property law.
- Civil Litigation 6N4125 – Develop the skills and expertise which are necessary for the successful function of a legal practice. Explore the practices and procedures associated with the drafting and submission of legal documentation associated with litigation in the civil courts.
- Communications 6N1950 build on the core communications skills gained at level 5 whilst learning to work independently and or in a supervisory capacity, developing such qualities as tact, diplomacy, empathy and patience necessary for communicating with staff/clients in a professional setting.
- Employment Law 6N4322 – Evaluate the role of employment legislation and institutions in combatting discrimination and harassment to promote equality in the workplace. Apply a comprehensive range of specialised skills and tools to the contract of employment for a range of employee categories/scenarios including terms and conditions, pay and pension etc. Understand collective bargaining and evaluate the role and function of labour relations institutions and trade unions.
- Text Production 6N4945 – learn the the knowledge, skill and competence to produce a range of complex documents to a mailable business standard at a production speed of 45 words per minute with 97% accuracy.
- Work Experience 6N1946 – Present a detailed personal skills audit and career plan including personal goals, action points, development opportunities and career paths. Demonstrate supervisory skills and capacities in the workplace.
- Spreadsheets 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros
For entry to Level 6 a full QQI Level 5 Award in a complementary area is required.
- Professional guest lecturers
- One day per week work placement in a legal setting for the duration of the course which students are required to source themselves
- Training in a Case Management System, Legal Evolve
- Participation in a Law Workshop in UCC
- Court visits
Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
As a graduate of this course you can pursue careers in a range of area including legal secretary, legal researcher, paralegal work and administrative assistant. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
I found myself going back to education after 10 years, it was daunting but helped me grow and showed me how enjoyable college life can be. I got a full-time job in the dental practice where I did my work experience and am now continuing my education in UCC.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.