This course provides the student with a range of administration skills necessary to pursue employment opportunities in the public, private or community sector. This course is specifically aimed at those who are currently unemployed, seeking to retrain in order to re-enter the workforce. The shared services sector is beginning to grow and there are employment opportunities here going forward.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration 5M2468
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
€250 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250)
- Business Administration Skills
- Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised 5N1354 – Learn to record business transactions , post to ledgers and draw up a trial balance using both a manual accounting system and a computerised package.
- Text Production 5N1422
- Word Processing 5N1385 – Learn to produce professional mailable document. Learn file management and a host of functions including clipart, headers, footers, watermarks, graphics, tabs etc.
- Communications 5N0690 – Acquire the writing skills needed for the workplace, learn to speak fluently and coherently in a professional setting, develop interpersonal skills and have an understanding of the impact of ICT on society.
- Contact Centre Operations 5N1361
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- The Internet 5N1611
Long term unemployed with no previous educational qualification higher than FETAC/QQI Level 4; applicants should be aged 21 and over and in receipt of social welfare payment. Applications through FIT at (021)2307088, www.fit.ie or contact your Local Employment Network (LES). Application can also be made directly to the college, through the college website.
- Two week work placement
- Professional guest lecturers
- Common Purpose Pitstop Leadership Programme for selected students.
- Ongoing mentoring by FIT personnel
- Site visits
CCOC Advanced Certificate in Advanced Administration 6M5013
Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
Graduates are well placed to take up positions in either back or front office administration and customer service within any organization. Graduates have found employment in retail, customer care and general administration.
All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
Having attended CCOC I felt it gave me a solid grounding in a diverse range of topics within IT, this diversity helped me to understand the area of IT I would like to pursue and ultimately shaped my career. The work experience arranged by CCOC during my course kick-started my career and I will be forever thankful to the dedicated team. I would highly recommend Cork College of Commerce to any prospective student looking for a start in an information technology career.
I enrolled in College of Commerce in September 2011 doing a Computer Science Level 5 FETAC course and then the following year, I completed the Level 6 Computer Science course. The lecturers and staff members passion and devotion towards their students and their willingness to devote extra time to explain fundamentals in detail were an essential to my success at the college. I am now fully graduated from CIT with a 1st Class Honours degree in Computing.
The Computer Science course in the College of Commerce appealed to me because the modules looked interesting and I would get a qualification after one year and could then seek employment or progress to further studies. Applying for the course was the best decision I made. The teachers on the course are great, they made classes interesting and cared about each student. I would thoroughly recommend the Computer Science to anyone interested in ultimately working in IT.