This QQI Level 5 certificate course provides the knowledge and skills for those who would like to work in administration in Property Management Services, Auctioneers and Valuers and Property companies. Students gain expertise in general administration and specialize in insurance, valuation and estate agency practice
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration 5M2468
Certificate in myhome.ie
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
€500 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250)
- Valuation 5N3928 – Produce a valuation for a residential property using various methods. Outline essential considerations when arranging a mortgage. Distinguish between the key methods of property evaluation. Complete a freehold and a leasehold evaluation in respect of a leased commercial property. Explore the various government taxes including stamp duty, section tax relief etc. Understand the planning process, zoning and density.
- Estate Agency Practice 5N3025 – Create a press release and a brochure for the sale and letting of a property. Design suitable marketing material for an auctioneering company and the properties on its books. Demonstrate knowledge of the procedures followed from commencement of the sales process to completion of the sale. Explore the roles of relevant professional and legislative bodies in the industry.
- Business Administration Skills 5N1610 – Examine a range of recruitment options for selecting and appointing staff and current employment rights legislation. Maintain a range of documents pertaining to HR management and employees including employment contracts, attendance records etc. Explore sources of finance for a business including cash-flow. Examine different types of meetings held and complete a range of documentation necessary for the effective function of a meeting. Explain the role of quality systems.
- Marketing Practice 5N1400 – Conduct a SWOT analysis. Develop a marketing plan for a specific product or service. Examine the life cycle of a range of products including new product development. Explain the elements of the marketing mix. Carry out market research applying appropriate techniques and research methodologies.
- Processing 5N1385 – Learn to produce professional mailable document. Learn file management and a host of functions including clipart, headers, footers, watermarks, graphics, tabs etc.
- Customer Service 5N0972 – Apply the personal skills, qualities and attitudes required to perform effectively when dealing with customers. Handle a range of challenging situations, demonstrate team or group work in providing customer care. Look at practical examples of organisations with good customer care and their success.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Spreadsheets 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement.
An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Professional guest lectures
- Training in myhome.ie software
- Safety and Health workshop
- Jobs seminar
- One day per week work placement in partnership with a number of nominated estate agents/auctioneers for the duration of the year.
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration 6M5013
Great progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course.
Property Management, estate agencies, insurance comnpanies. All students can access the CCOC Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn Alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
My experience in the Cork College of Commerce was welcoming and professional. I received excellent tuition and there was a very good support structure. I developed a good exam technique and acquired practical skills which are essential for the modern office. I found the staff to be encouraging, supportive, motivating and caring. My colleagues were also helpful and supportive throughout the course. I am currently employed by the HSE and am happy and confident in my work place. Everything I learned in Essential IT for the Office is relevant for my job on a day-to-day basis.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.