If you are interested in learning about a range of technological interventions into personal and commercial finance then this is the course for you. One third of consumers use at least one or two finetch service as these opportunities become part of our daily lives. Everything from smartphone money transfer to bitcoin belongs under the fintech umbrella and this is your chance to learn about business in this way.
Tel: (021) 4223850
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
The course runs for 1 academic year. FinTech is a full time programme which runs from early September to mid May. Timetables vary from year to year.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business 5M2102
QQI component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
€500 including QQI examination fees.(Medical card holders exempt from €250)
- Mobile Technologies 5N0580 Develop, install, configure, test, deploy, and maintain mobile apps using Android Studio, with appreciation for the front-end user and adherence to industry standard coding at the back-end.
- Applied Economics 5N1350 – Analyse the role of the key players in the Irish economy such as government, industry and consumers. Identify a range of barriers to free trade. Calculate national income from given data using each of the main measures. Analyse the impact of a variety of changes in supply, demand and market equilibrium
- Business Administration Skills 5N1610 – Examine a range of recruitment options for selecting and appointing staff and current employment rights legislation. Maintain a range of documents pertaining to HR management and employees including employment contracts, attendance records etc. Explore sources of finance for a business including cash-flow. Examine different types of meetings held and complete a range of documentation necessary for the effective function of a meeting. Explain the role of quality systems
- Spreadsheets 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Customer Service 5N0972 – Apply the personal skills, qualities and attitudes required to perform effectively when dealing with customers. Handle a range of challenging situations, demonstrate team or group work in providing customer care. Look at practical examples of organisations with good customer care and their success.
- Financial Services 5N1383 – Interpret a stock exchange quotation published in the media. Complete a range of industry services documentation including commonly used banking service documents. Distinguish between different types of share speculation, manage fund and unit linked funds. Evaluate employment opportunities in the financial services sector.
- Funds Administration 5N1387 – Understand investment terminology and learn how to price investment instruments. Participate in setting up a fund to include dealing, documentation, registration procedures. Produce key documents to include contract notes, ownership confirmation, share certificates etc.
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed
- Two week work placement
- Site visits
- Professional guest lecturers
- Sales Institute event participation
- Digital presentation workshop
- Digital marketing workshop
- Entrepreneurial skills workshop
Excellent progression opportunities including:
- CIT: Business Studies (CR021)
- UCC: Commerce (CK201)
- CCOC: QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business 6M4985
- CCOC: QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Tourism (Tourism with Business) 6M5012
- CCOC: QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Marketing and Event Management (Business) 6M4985
Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
Financial services administration, customer service administration, financial advice office administration, back office financial administration, credit union administration. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
My name is Daniel Dekyssky. I come from Slovakia originally. I have been living in Ireland for the past 4 years. I came to Ireland with the aim of studying English. Then in 2015 I decided to study Business Studies in Cork College of Commerce. Thanks to the College of Commerce I got the opportunity to study Chinese and I was delighted to be chosen to take part in the Confucius Institute Shanghai Easter Camp. It was a truly memorable experience and a great opportunity to see this amazing culture. I am currently studying Commerce in UCC. I feel that at the College of Commerce I received an excellent preparation for my 3rd level studies.
The college was for me a great starting point for me as it helped me to discover the qualities and skills which I hadn’t discovered before. This encouraged me to continue with my third level education to CIT. There have been so many improvements in my educational life because of what I have learnt in CCOC. I am very grateful to all of teachers of for their time, sacrifice and encouragement during my time at the college and I won’t forget that.
Returning to education after such long period of time was daunting but the teachers at college of commerce made it much more easier with their openness making the transition straight forward. I completed the level 5 and 6 certificates in business in the college, which gave me the grounding needed for the world of business. I’m currently continuing my studies in CIT, this is something I know I wouldn’t have done without the knowledge and help i received during my two years in Cork College of commerce, which included a once in a lifetime trip to China.
Many thanks to everyone who was a part of the journey over the two years. I’d highly recommend Cork College of Commerce to anyone.