This course provides students with skills and knowledge specifically for the Human Resources area within the administration sector. An introduction to the areas of recruitment, staff training and development, the rights and responsibilities of employers plus other general industrial relations issues are covered in the course.
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Information Processing 5M2067
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
€500 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250)
- Human Resources 5N3586 – Understand the recruitment and selection process. Explore the importance of performance management strategies. Examine the role of training and development. Participate effectively within a group or a team using human resource management tools and strategies. outline the main features of employment legislation.
- Information and Communication Systems 5N1952 – Create a data capture form. Describe methods of securing data e.g access control, passwords, authentication etc. Explore data protection legislation. Use a range of common ICT terminology including server, dumb terminal, LANs etc.
- Employment Law 5N3785 – Understand the rights, duties and obligations which regulate the modern workplace. Consider these from both the employer and employee perspective.
- Communications 5N0690 – Acquire the writing skills needed for the workplace, learn to speak fluently and coherently in a professional setting, develop interpersonal skills and have an understanding of the impact of ICT on society.
- Spreadsheet Methods 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Database Methods 5N0783 – Use MS Access to create databases from design specifications under a time constraint. Learn to manipulate information from databases and retrieve and output in report format
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Payroll Manual and Computerised 5N1546 – Process the payroll for employees using manual and computerised systems under the cumulative tax system to include gross pay, holidays, unpaid leave, credits etc. Learn about emergency and temporary tax systems and the subsequent transfer to the cumulative tax system. Extract information from completed records to prepare all necessary end-of-period and year-end returns and tax forms for the revenue commissioners
- Word Processing 5N1385 – Learn to produce professional mailable document. Learn file management and a host of functions including clipart, headers, footers, watermarks, graphics, tabs etc.
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement.
An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Two week work placement
- Professional guest lecturers
- Jobs seminar
- Microsoft Outlook workshop
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration 6M5013 (Advanced HR Administration)
Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for CIT can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
This course will lead to employment opportunities in the recruitment, human resource and personnel departments in a variety of companies. Successful graduates of the course will be fully qualified to take up employment is any modern office environment.
All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
I found myself going back to education after 10 years, it was daunting but helped me grow and showed me how enjoyable college life can be. I got a full-time job in the dental practice where I did my work experience and am now continuing my education in UCC.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.