This course introduces Supply Chain Management and will enable the student to develop an understanding of the movement and storage of goods from the point of ordering raw materials to point of sales. It gives a comprehensive understanding of all of the factors involved including the Safety and Health issues that arise as a part of the work.
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Logistics and Distribution 5M2767
Manual Handling Training and Certification
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression
€500 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250)
- Freight Forwarding 5N2728
- Inventory Control 5N2726
- Purchasing 5N2727
- Database Methods 5N0783 – Use MS Access to create databases from design specifications under a time constraint. Learn to manipulate information from databases and retrieve and output in report format
- Spreadsheets 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Warehousing 5N2725
- Communications 5N0690 – Acquire the writing skills needed for the workplace, learn to speak fluently and coherently in a professional setting, develop interpersonal skills and have an understanding of the impact of ICT on society.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Supply Chain Operations 5N2409
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed.
- One day a week work placement secured by our Work Placement Officer.
- Professional guest lecturers
- Site Visits
- Manual handling training and certification (requirement for work experience)
- Safe Pass Training
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality (Tourism with Business) 6M5012.
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Marketing and Event Management (Business) 6M4985.
Excellent progression opportunities to Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
Opportunities may arise to work in purchasing administration and buying, supply chain analysis, warehouse administration and management, export/import indutries, customer service and transport administration. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
I loved my marketing and event management course in CCOC. It is a great college where you get a lot of support and help from your tutors. It gave me the confidence to pursue higher education, which I am currently studying a degree in Marketing and Multimedia at the University of Roehampton.
I am a 26 year old qualified accountant working in Quintas Partners in Cork City, I have this week took a senior accountant role within this firm which will give me the platform to progress in my career and achieve my goals I set in 2007 when I started my journey in Cork College of Commerce.
CCOC provided me with the encouraging, supportive & motivating environment I needed to excel in my studies & progress to UWSTD where I completed my Marketing degree with just one further year study there. The high marks I received in my degree was testament to the three years I spent in CCOC being constantly challenged & supported by brilliant teachers, as is my job as a Marketing Executive. The personal approach was one of my best aspects, everyone’s needs were catered for individually and there was no “one size fits all” attitude.