This course provides students with skills and knowledge specifically for the medical, dental and general health sector. All of the required office specialisms couple with medical terminology and use of the Socrates medical package meaning that students are well equipped to go to the workplace.
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration 5M1997
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
CCOC Socrates Certificate
CCOC Infection, Prevention and Control certificate
€500 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250)
- Information and Administration 5N1389
- Text Production 5N1422 -Learn to produce a range of documents to a mailable standard, within a minimum speed of 35 words per minute
- Medical Terminology 5N2428
- Communications 5N0690 – Acquire the writing skills needed for the workplace, learn to speak fluently and coherently in a professional setting, develop interpersonal skills and have an understanding of the impact of ICT on society.
- Spreadsheets 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Database Methods 5N0783
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Word Processing 5N1385 – Learn to produce professional mailable document. Learn file management and a host of functions including clipart, headers, footers, watermarks, graphics, tabs etc.
- Socrates Medical Package
- Infection prevention and Control CCO
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed.
- Two week work placement
- Socrates Medical Package
- Professional guest lecturers
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration 6M5013
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration 6M5013 (Advanced HR Administration)
Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for CIT can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
Career Opportunities: Medical and Dental Administration and Reception, general practices, hospital and care facilities. Former students have been employed in the Blackrock Primary Care Centre and other large and small health related environments. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
I have great memories from my time in College of Commerce. I made lifelong friends there. Everything was well covered before exams which were frequent but I found that easier for learning. The coursework was enjoyable and varied. I learned many people skills and how to deal with the public and work colleagues. The staff were a great support and always happy to help. All the skills I gained in College of Commerce contribute in helping me to complete my daily work tasks in my permanent contracted job in Cork University Hospital.
I had a great experience in the College, I really enjoyed it – it was my second time to attend. The course work is relevant, helpful and stands to me in my job. I gained extra confidence in my use of computers. We were issued with achievable deadlines to complete our work. They also ensured you to stay on track. The course is very hands on, there is a two week block of work experience so you gain practical knowledge too. There is much information available on job opportunities from Course Director and email – it is how I got my job. The staff are very approachable and helpful. I met and made great friends throughout my time in the College.
This is a really good College. The teachers were very helpful and I met great friends. Exams were frequent which I found great to keep us interested and focused. The coursework was varied so we got a taste for everything. My confidence really increased and it made me more outgoing. There were many job opportunities and I am now in full time employment. Staff were very friendly and helpful. With the skills I had learned when I finished in College I was well able to go and get a job.