This course aims to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to operate as an administrator in a company whilst at the same time being able to manage the social media and digital marketing needs of that company. This skill set is an asset to any small or medium sized business without a standalone marketing department. This specialism will assist any company with modern online presence for business purposes
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Information Processing 5M2067
QQI component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
€500 including QQI examination fees.(Medical card holders exempt from €250)
- eBusiness 5N1369 – Use a rane of e-applications including email, payment systems, video conferencing etc. Apply an ebusiness strategy to an existing organisation or process. Recommend appropriate ebusiness platforms , payment mechanisms, security components and recommend online purchasing and procurement processes including order tracking, shipping etc.
- Database Methods 5N0783 – Use MS Access to create databases from design specifications under a time constraint. Learn to manipulate information from databases and retrieve and output in report format
- Spreadsheet Methods 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Teamworking 5N1367 – Participate in core team-working activities to include negotiation, problem solving, finding solutions, decision making and conflict resolution. Demonstrate appropriate communications, problem solving and negotiation techniques in a range of team-working situations and roles to include leadership roles and give a receive feedback. Monitor personal strengths and skills as a team participant.
- Desktop Publishing 5N0785 – Learn the theory and practice of document design and the presentation of information in electronic and print environment specialising in Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Publisher
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Digital Marketing 5N1364 – Choose appropriate e-tools to implement a digital marketing strategy. Plan a digital marketing campaign from inception to completion. Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns using analytical e-tools. Outline the stages of analysis, development, implementation and control of digital marketing campaigns. Use e-tools including web analytics, social media monitoring, social bookmarking to monitor digital marketing campaigns.
- Web Authoring 5N1910 – Learn the principles of good website design including target market, site objectives, navigation solutions etc. Plan an appropriate design and user interface for a specified website including documenting each stage and selection of an appropriate web authoring tool. Employ HTML and CSS code generators. website functionality and resolution of any functional issues. Learn about site maintenance.
- Information and Communication Systems 5N1952 – Create a data capture form. Describe methods of securing data e.g access control, passwords, authentication etc. Explore data protection legislation. Use a range of common ICT terminology including server, dumb terminal, LANs etc
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement.
An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Two week work placement
- Professional guest lecturers
- Sales Institute and Marketing Institute event participation
- Site visits
- Workshop on Google Adwords and Display Advertising, Google Analytics and Social Advertising
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration 6M5013
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration 6M5013 (Advanced HR Administration)
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality (Tourism with Business) 6M5012
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Marketing and Event Management (Business) 6M4985
Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
Social media hubs, sales and marketing, marketing communications, , online retailing sector, general office administration. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub (see p…..). Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
I loved my marketing and event management course in CCOC. It is a great college where you get a lot of support and help from your tutors. It gave me the confidence to pursue higher education, which I am currently studying a degree in Marketing and Multimedia at the University of Roehampton.
I am a 26 year old qualified accountant working in Quintas Partners in Cork City, I have this week took a senior accountant role within this firm which will give me the platform to progress in my career and achieve my goals I set in 2007 when I started my journey in Cork College of Commerce.
CCOC provided me with the encouraging, supportive & motivating environment I needed to excel in my studies & progress to UWSTD where I completed my Marketing degree with just one further year study there. The high marks I received in my degree was testament to the three years I spent in CCOC being constantly challenged & supported by brilliant teachers, as is my job as a Marketing Executive. The personal approach was one of my best aspects, everyone’s needs were catered for individually and there was no “one size fits all” attitude.