This course enables the student to support the achievement of companies goals with the invaluable knowledge and competencies of project management. Project Management is an essential skill for business and the need for this skill continues to grow. Project Management skills offer students huge opportunities to evolve and develop and a good project manager can be employed anywhere. The skills gained through this course will be an asset to any company, charity, organisation involved in managing projects.
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
QQI Level 6 Certificate in Management 6M4587
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
€530 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €280)
- Project Management 6N4090 Master the essential skills and tools of Project Management by learning how to integrate its 5 process groups following the PMBOK guidelines. Learn how to use Ms Project to schedule your project & also create WBS diagrams. Complete assignments as part of this course to demonstrate your skills.
- Team Leadership 61948 – Participate in organisational planning and teamwork planning to include setting, specific measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound (SMART) objectives. Demonstrate team leadership to include team building, supporting team members at different stages of team development, motivation strategies, interpersonal communications etc. Negotiate a plan with team members involving effective delegation of tasks and responsibilities. Lead progress on a work plan taking corrective action to ensure successful completion of the plan.
- Professional Presentation 6N4006 – Utilise design and planning tools to facilitate communication, engagement and learning by the target audience. Utilise multimedia tools and visual aids to include, charts, diagrams, images etc. to ensure objectives of the presentation are achieved. Supervise facilities and resources so that presentations can be delivered within optimum presentation conditions.
- Business Management 6N4310 – understand the role and function of management in a business environment. Gain a detailed picture of the management of planning, organising and controlling. Develop effective management skills such as leadership and communications.
- Work Experience 6N1946 – Present a detailed personal skills audit and career plan including personal goals, action points, development opportunities and career paths. Demonstrate supervisory skills and capacities in the workplace.
- Consultative Selling 6N2054 – Formulate product or service solutions to effectively meet client needs through the use of consultative skills and tools. Provide solutions to customer problems, handling customer objections to buy and close the sale. Apply sales skills and techniques in a range of customer situations.
- eBusiness 6N4485 – Analyse the impact of eBusiness on an organisation using appropriate monitoring tools and performance indicators. Evaluate good practice in relation to eBusiness social, environmental and ethical responsibilities. Design an eBusiness strategy for a specific business activity or sector. Appraise support services provided by agencies for eBusiness platforms and assess security implications of eBusiness practices.
- Spreadsheets 6N4089 – Develop an advanced working knowledge using multiple worksheets, formulas and functions in a Spreadsheet application for many practical uses at work and at home.
For entry to a Level 6 a full QQI Level 5 Award in a complementary area is required.
Students participate in:
- Professional guest lectures
- Jobs seminar
- Practical project management experience
- GDPR workshop
- Students undertake a block work placement of 2 weeks in a business environment.
Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course.
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
My experience in the Cork College of Commerce was welcoming and professional. I received excellent tuition and there was a very good support structure. I developed a good exam technique and acquired practical skills which are essential for the modern office. I found the staff to be encouraging, supportive, motivating and caring. My colleagues were also helpful and supportive throughout the course. I am currently employed by the HSE and am happy and confident in my work place. Everything I learned in Essential IT for the Office is relevant for my job on a day-to-day basis.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.