This course provides students with a thorough training in front office reception skills and customer care. It is suitable for those who are interested in dealing with the public and in improving customer relations as well as general administrative duties.
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration 5M1997
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
€500 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250)
- Reception and Frontline Skills 5N1407
- Information and Administration 5N1389
- Text Production 5N1422 -Learn to produce a range of documents to a mailable standard, within a minimum speed of 35 words per minute
- Contact Centre Skills 5N1361
- Customer Service 5N0972
- Spreadsheets 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Word Processing 5N1385 – Learn to produce professional mailable document. Learn file management and a host of functions including clipart, headers, footers, watermarks, graphics, tabs etc.
- Spanish Level 4 4N1178– An introduction to everyday Spanish language, culture and basic grammar used in everyday situations (optional)
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed.
- Two week work placement
- Professional guest lecturers
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration 6M5013
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality 6M5012
Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
Reception and Frontline Office environments. Past students have been employed in businesses such as the Clarion Hotel, the Rochestown Park Hotel and the Silversprings as well as key personnel in smaller family run business and hospitality businesses. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
Attending College of Commerce was a very positive experience for me. It helped to build my confidence to be able to return to work. The College is structured and managed well. It is really geared towards the workplace. Coursework is relevant and manageable. I secured work and started immediately after finishing the course. The information available on job vacancies was excellent. The staff are very efficient, friendly and helpful. Our class were very close and got on well together.
My experience in the Cork College of Commerce was welcoming and professional. I received excellent tuition and there was a very good support structure. I developed a good exam technique and acquired practical skills which are essential for the modern office. I found the staff to be encouraging, supportive, motivating and caring. My colleagues were also helpful and supportive throughout the course. I am currently employed by the HSE and am happy and confident in my work place. Everything I learned in Essential IT for the Office is relevant for my job on a day-to-day basis.
I completed a one year Reception and Customer Care Course. I got on great with my teachers and fellow students. I studied every night for my subjects and did my best to attend college for my classes. I passed all my exams. My class mates helped me to build confidence to take my practical exams and meet the deadlines for assignments. I have gained so much confidence since I completed the course. I can now be myself and feel able to speak up and use my initiative. I am currently working in a Dentist’s Surgery and am training to be a Dental Nurse.