This course provides students with marketable skills and a comprehensive understanding of the retail sector. This course is about giving the customer what they want and delivering it effectively. The course runs in partnership with some of the big retailers in Cork.
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Retail Practice 5M2105
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
Manual Handling Training and Certification
€500 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250)
- Customer Service 5N0972
- Digital Marketing 5N1364
- Retail Administration 5N1860
- Retail Display 5N1861
- Retail Selling 5N1619
- Spreadsheets 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Communications 5N0690 – Acquire the writing skills needed for the workplace, learn to speak fluently and coherently in a professional setting, develop interpersonal skills and have an understanding of the impact of ICT on society.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Principles and Practice of Selling 5N2062
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed.
- One day a week work placement
- Professional guest lecturers
- Site visits
- Manual Handling Training
- Sales Institute and marketing event participation
- Entrepreneurial skills workshop
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality (Tourism with Business) 6M5012
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Business 6M4985
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Marketing and Event Management (Business) 6M4985
Excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
Retail assistant, retail advisor. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
I loved my marketing and event management course in CCOC. It is a great college where you get a lot of support and help from your tutors. It gave me the confidence to pursue higher education, which I am currently studying a degree in Marketing and Multimedia at the University of Roehampton.
I am a 26 year old qualified accountant working in Quintas Partners in Cork City, I have this week took a senior accountant role within this firm which will give me the platform to progress in my career and achieve my goals I set in 2007 when I started my journey in Cork College of Commerce.
CCOC provided me with the encouraging, supportive & motivating environment I needed to excel in my studies & progress to UWSTD where I completed my Marketing degree with just one further year study there. The high marks I received in my degree was testament to the three years I spent in CCOC being constantly challenged & supported by brilliant teachers, as is my job as a Marketing Executive. The personal approach was one of my best aspects, everyone’s needs were catered for individually and there was no “one size fits all” attitude.