Do you see yourself advancing in the Beauty Therapy industry? Would you like to learn more about new products, new technologies and new treatments? Then this course is for you. Students work with the highly prestigious Dermalogica and OLOS products in state of the art facilities and get hands on experience in the colleges own salon. Masterclasses and workshops are also included in this busy course.
- Body and Beauty Science and Treatments 6N3472
- Work Experience 6N1946
- Customer Service 6N0697
- Depilation, Tanning & Lightening 6N3473
- Nail Technology 6N3476/ITEC
- Indian Head Massage 6N3477/ITEC
- Onsite Massage 6N3478
- Dermalogica Partnership Programme workshops
- Hot Stones Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Brow Training
- Advanced Waxing
Full QQI Level 5 Award in Beauty Therapy 5M3471 is required. All applicants will be interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- ITEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- LIT: Bus Studies in Beauty & Spa Mgt (LC392)
Students pursue a wide variety of careers such as working in hotel spas, beauty salons, cruise liners, mobile therapist, sales representatives, beauty counter sales and self employment. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub .
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €580(to be confirmed) including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250). See Payment for details.
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Beauty Therapy 6M3479
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology
- ITEC Level 3 Award in Indian Head Massage
- Work Experience: Students will undertake work experience one day a week in a salon environment, which they organise themselves. The college has a fully equipped training salon which is open on Fridays for customers and students also gain experience here.
- Click to view, print or download prospectus page.
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
My experience in the Cork College of Commerce was welcoming and professional. I received excellent tuition and there was a very good support structure. I developed a good exam technique and acquired practical skills which are essential for the modern office. I found the staff to be encouraging, supportive, motivating and caring. My colleagues were also helpful and supportive throughout the course. I am currently employed by the HSE and am happy and confident in my work place. Everything I learned in Essential IT for the Office is relevant for my job on a day-to-day basis.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.