Do you see yourself advancing in the Beauty Therapy industry? Would you like to learn more about new products, new technologies and new treatments? Then this course is for you. Students work with the highly prestigious Dermalogica and OLOS products in state of the art facilities and get hands on experience in the colleges own salon. Masterclasses and workshops are also included in this busy course.
- Body and Beauty Science and Treatments 6N3472
- Work Experience 6N1946
- Customer Service 6N0697
- Depilation, Tanning & Lightening 6N3473
- Nail Technology 6N3476/ITEC
- Indian Head Massage 6N3477/ITEC
- Onsite Massage 6N3478
- Dermalogica Partnership Programme workshops: Dermalogica is the professional’s choice in skin care, and over 100,000 therapists use these products worldwide. During the workshop learners will be informed about Daily Skincare: A Retail Guide, the Dermalogica: Pro Skin Treatment, Acne, Allergies and Ageing and Dermalogica: Pro Power Peel.
- Hot Stones Massage: During this Hot stone massage workshop learners will develop the skills and techniques to perform hot stone massages successfully, ensuring the client releases stored tension, boosts circulation, recharges energy levels and enjoys deep relaxation. The workshop includes a brief history of Hot Stone massage, outlines the contra indications to consider. In addition, it highlights the benefits of Hot Stone massage and explains the materials & equipment, required, how set up and includes a practical, hands on learning.
- Indian Head Massage: Indian head massage is a treatment that has multiple positive effects on the Nervous System focusing on the head, neck, shoulders upper arms and face. It is undoubtedly one of the most relaxing treatments and most enjoyable short courses to partake in. During the course you will be worked on and will work on each other in order to understand the true benefits both physically and mentally. During the course we will also cover Client consultation, understanding and checking for contraindications and client care. Additionally, Hygiene, Health and Safety and muscles and bones of the area will also be covered.
- Brow Training: This is an introductory workshop, for learners on the beauty programmes on how to use develop the art of brow shaping to include tinting, waxing, tweezing and trimming. It also includes threading and HD brows.
- Advanced Waxing: This workshop will assist the learner to develop their practical skills and learn the art of Californian, Brazilian and Hollywood waxing.
- Threading: Threading is fast becoming the most popular method for hair removal. Originating from India and the Far East, the method of plucking untidy hair using rolled threads is favoured currently as it avoids pulling on the skin which is very sensitive around the eye area and therefore avoids drooping of the eyelid. This workshop course introduces the learner to the skilled technique of the ancient art of threading. The content includes client consultation and care, hygiene & sterilization as well as practical study of threading on the: eyebrows, lip, chin and sides of the face.
Full QQI Level 5 Award in Beauty Therapy 5M3471 is required. All applicants will be interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- ITEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- LIT: Bus Studies in Beauty & Spa Mgt (LC392)
Students pursue a wide variety of careers such as working in hotel spas, beauty salons, cruise liners, mobile therapist, sales representatives, beauty counter sales and self employment. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub .
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: To be confirmed. (Medical card holders exempt from €250). See Payment for details.
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Beauty Therapy 6M3479
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology
- ITEC Level 3 Award in Indian Head Massage
- Work Experience: Students will undertake work experience one day a week in a salon environment, which they organise themselves. The college has a fully equipped training salon which is open on Fridays for customers and students also gain experience here.
- Click to view, print or download prospectus page.
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
My experience in the Cork College of Commerce was welcoming and professional. I received excellent tuition and there was a very good support structure. I developed a good exam technique and acquired practical skills which are essential for the modern office. I found the staff to be encouraging, supportive, motivating and caring. My colleagues were also helpful and supportive throughout the course. I am currently employed by the HSE and am happy and confident in my work place. Everything I learned in Essential IT for the Office is relevant for my job on a day-to-day basis.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.