- Business Management 6N4310 – understand the role and function of management in a business environment. Gain a detailed picture of the management of planning, organising and controlling. Develop effective management skills such as leadership and communications.
- Work Experience 6N1946 – Present a detailed personal skills audit and career plan including personal goals, action points, development opportunities and career paths. Demonstrate supervisory skills and capacities in the workplace.
- Communications 6N1950 – builds on the core communications skills gained at level 5 while allowing the learner, working independently and or in a supervisory capacity, to develop such qualities as tact, diplomacy, empathy and patience necessary for communicating with staff/clients in a professional setting.
- Entrepreneurship 6N1941 – The learner will attain the knowledge, skill and competence in advanced theories and concepts of entrepreneurship in order to adopt an entrepreneurial approach to a specific business and or social innovation context, operating independently and or in a supervisory capacity.
- Marketing Communications 6N4370 – Develop an advertising campaign to include setting objectives, identifying target audience, determining budget. Analyse how effective database marketing can improve customer relationships including the impact of the internet, mobile communications and social media as direct marketing tools. Research public relations to include the various PR tools and their effectiveness.
- Event Management 6N4800 – Produce an event plan document to include health and safety statement, venue floor plans, event contract, event presentation format etc. manage an event or some specific aspect of an event ensuring appropriate supervision of staff and resource allocation. Design promotional tools for an event and implement project management skills in the design, planning and evaluation of an event.
- Sales and Marketing Management 6N3613 – Devise and after sales service policy for an organisation including interpersonal skills required when dealing with a dissatisfied customer and how new sales opportunities can be created from after sales service. Design sales management techniques to meet the needs of a range of organisations to include appropriate marketing and selling key performance indicators. Estimate the budgets and forecasting for sales and marketing plan.
- Professional Presentation 6N4006 – Equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence of presentation software and communication skills that can be used in a business and training environment.
- Manual Handling Training and Certification – Manual handling training is required under Regulation 13 of the 1993 (General Application Regulations) and 1993 Manual Handling Regulations. This training programme is aimed at providing all persons at work with proper techniques when lifting, carrying, loading, pushing and supporting. It provides employees with good work practices such as proper lift Manual Handling Techniques. The course includes being aware of the necessity for safe methods of manual handling to reduce the risk of injury and understanding the need to avoid manual handling by using mechanical aids where possible. Furthermore, assessing the task using the TILE criteria (task, individual, load, environment) and implementing the correct method of lifting ensuring minimal risk to self and co-workers will also be included. Finally, knowing how to safely execute all relevant workplace manual handling tasks will be demonstrated. A certificate will be issued to learners who successfully complete the course.
- Fire Safety Certificate – This Fire Safety training course helps you to comply with the Fire Safety Regulations 2005. This Course covers basic fire safety training, fire extinguisher training, fire risk assessment training and fire warden training. The participant will learn to recognise the hazards that may lead to a fire, and how to react safely and responsibly in the event of one breaking out. Our aim is to inform Fire Wardens of their responsibilities in running a fire drill effectively and safely. It also details the steps involved in developing an Emergency Plan for the workplace. The course includes an introduction to fire safety and to the legal framework Additionally, responsibilities, Fire science and Fire risk assessment are outlined. Furthermore, how do people react in an emergency, the different classes of fire and types of fire extinguishers and equipment and their use. Emergency plans and evacuation, movement of people and Hazard Analysis is also discussed. On completion of the course and assessment, participants will receive a Certification which is valid for 3 years.
- Professional Styling and Image – This workshop offers an insight into grooming and styling for the professional world. It covers a wide range of topics such as dressing for your shape, colour analysis and making the most of your wardrobe. Essential for those going on work experience or job interview.
- Individual support available to build Word Processing and Spreadsheet skills.
Sales and marketing, marketing communications, online event management, corporate affairs, self-employment, customer service and event management.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €330 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €80). See payment for details.
- QQI Advanced Certificate in Business 6M4985
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
- Work Experience: Students will undertake work experience one day per week in a business / administration setting for the duration of the course, which they source themselves. Students will be advised of suitable settings where they can source work experience.