Develop further your business and marketing skills with this advanced programme and gain networking opportunities with industry professionals and practical experience of event management. Develop your entrepreneurial spirit and take the opportunity to gain a host of skills that will ensure you are ready to enter the marketplace or progress to higher education. Options are available for international students to gain an advanced qualification with extra English language support.
- Business Management 6N4310 – understand the role and function of management in a business environment. Gain a detailed picture of the management of planning, organising and controlling. Develop effective management skills such as leadership and communications
- Leadership 6N2191 – Manage projects and tasks to include working with a team on a practical project that results in effective team performance. Evaluate leadership styles and draw up a personal leadership plan for a task, project or job with regard to strengths and areas for improvement. Handle group dynamics and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Supervisory Management 6N4329 – Describe the key steps required to recruit staff to include, screening, application forms, shortlisting etc. Devise a system for maintaining work-related records e.g. work rosters and maintenance schedules etc. Learn to train staff drawing on up-to-date industry standards in training . Prepare a departmental budget. Learn to carry out staff evaluation.
- Marketing Communications 6N4370 – Develop an advertising campaign to include setting objectives, identifying target audience, determining budget. Analyse how effective database marketing can improve customer relationships including the impact of the internet, mobile communications and social media as direct marketing tools. Research public relations to include the various PR tools and their effectiveness.
- Sales and Marketing Management 6N3613 – Devise and after sales service policy for an organisation including interpersonal skills required when dealing with a dissatisfied customer and how new sales opportunities can be created from after sales service. Design sales management techniques to meet the needs of a range of organisations to include appropriate marketing and selling key performance indicators. Estimate the budgets and forecasting for sales and marketing plan.
- Event Management 6N4800 – Produce an event plan document to include health and safety statement, venue floor plans, event contract, event presentation format etc. manage an event or some specific aspect of an event ensuring appropriate supervision of staff and resource allocation. Design promotional tools for an event and implement project management skills in the design, planning and evaluation of an event. OR English as a Second Language 6N3161
- Work Experience 6N1946 – Present a detailed personal skills audit and career plan including personal goals, action points, development opportunities and career paths. Demonstrate supervisory skills and capacities in the workplace.
- Human Resources Management 6N3750 – Generate appropriate recruitment and selection documentation to include job specification, person specification and marking sheets. Devise an interview strategy for a vacancy to include an appropriate interview environment, panel and set of interview questions. Understand training and development procedures in an organisation. Evaluate good performance management and reward systems.
CCOC Manual Handling Training and Certification
Fire Safety Certification
Full QQI Level 5 Award in a marketing/business/administration area. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- One day per week work placement in a marketing/ event management/advertising/ PR setting for the duration of the course which students are required to source themselves
- Digital Marketing workshop
- Fire Safety Training
- Professional guest lecturers
- Practical event management experience
- Entrepreneurial skills Workshop
- Manual handling training and certification
- Professional Presentation skills workshop
- Professional Image workshop
Excellent progression opportunities including:
- CIT: Marketing (CR420) Year 2 Entry
- IT Tralee: Business (Marketing) (TL731) Year 2 Entry
- UCC: Commerce (CK201) Year 1
- UCC: Food Marketing & Entrepreneurship (CK502) Year 1
- UCC: Business Information Systems (CK203) Year 1
Other excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
Sales and marketing, marketing communications, corporate affairs, self employment,customer service and event management. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
The course runs for 1 academic year. Advanced Marketing is a full time programme which runs from early September to mid May. Timetables vary from year to year.
QQI Component Maths 5N1833 and Statistics 5N2066 (available as option in the evening for learners requiring Maths or Statistics for progression)
€530 including QQI examination fees. Medical card holders exempt from €280. See Payment for details.
I loved my marketing and event management course in CCOC. It is a great college where you get a lot of support and help from your tutors. It gave me the confidence to pursue higher education, which I am currently studying a degree in Marketing and Multimedia at the University of Roehampton.
I am a 26 year old qualified accountant working in Quintas Partners in Cork City, I have this week took a senior accountant role within this firm which will give me the platform to progress in my career and achieve my goals I set in 2007 when I started my journey in Cork College of Commerce.
CCOC provided me with the encouraging, supportive & motivating environment I needed to excel in my studies & progress to UWSTD where I completed my Marketing degree with just one further year study there. The high marks I received in my degree was testament to the three years I spent in CCOC being constantly challenged & supported by brilliant teachers, as is my job as a Marketing Executive. The personal approach was one of my best aspects, everyone’s needs were catered for individually and there was no “one size fits all” attitude.