If you’ve completed your Level 5 Early Years and have a thirst to climb the ladder to the next Level specialising in special needs then this is an exciting new opportunity for you. Young minds and hearts depend on the professionalism of those who care for and educate them and children with extra needs deserve the best. If that’s you then this is your course.
Students participate in:
- Football for all workshop (coaching players with a disability)
- Paediatric First Aid
- Visit to Blackrock Observatory
- Attendance at conferences
QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education 6M2007. QQI component Maths 5N1833 and Statistics 5N2066 (available as an option in the evening for learners requiring Maths or Statistics for progression).
€530 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €280).
- Child Development 6N1942
- Early Childhood Curriculum 6N1944
- Childhood Social Legal & Health Studies 6N1945
- Work Experience 6N1946
- Team Leadership 6N1948
- Special Needs Assisting 6N1957
- Creative Needs for Special Needs 6N1972
- Inclusive Education & Practice 6N2226
Applicants with a Major Childcare Award at Level 5 may apply for this Level 6 Childcare award. Participants are required to be Garda Vetted. Police Clearance is required for non Irish Nationals. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at the interview.
- Students participate in Football for all workshop (coaching players with a disability, Paediatric First Aid, a visit to Blackrock Observatory and attendance at conferences.
- Students will undertake work experience one day per week for a minimum of 120 hours in a registered Early Years Service for the duration of the course.
- Professional guest lectures.
- Pitstop Leadership Programme from Common Purpose for selected students.
- Jobs seminar
CCOC QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Administration 6M5013
Great progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course.
Supervisory roles in Early Years Services and within organisations which require leaders to manage & provide childcare places, i.e. charities, hotels etc. SNA positions in primary schools. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC Linkedin alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.