Learn how to become an advanced practitioner in Aromatherapy, Advanced Sports Massage Level 4, Stone Therapy, Lymphatic drainage, On-Site massage, Indian Head massage, Nutrition, LomiLomi massage and Ear candling. This practical course focuses on healing therapies, which will help you to become highly valued
specialist in your field of Holistic Therapies. The college has state of the art practical rooms.
- Sports Massage ITEC – Level 4 Sports Massage is a step up from level 3 providing learners with advanced knowledge and understanding along with more advanced practical skills to provide treatments to prevent and manage injuries.
- Aromatherapy ITEC – This therapy enables the learner to gain practical and theoretical skills in order to provide massage using pre blended Aromatherapy oils. The students learn to choose the correct pre-blended aromatherapy oil to suit the client’s specific treatment needs and skin type.
- Stone Therapy ITEC –Stone Therapy Massage is very popular treatment in spas and clinics providing clients with a massage using hot and cold stones. This wonderful treatment provides clients with a very relaxing and calming experience for both mind body and spirit.
- Lymphatic Treatments CCOC – This therapy enables the learner to gain the practical skills to perform Manual Lymph Drainage. These massage techniques are very specific to encourage detoxification, boost immunity and De-stress the body.
- LomiLomi Massage CCOC –Lomi Lomi Massage is growing in popularity among clients. This massage has origins in Hawaii and incorporates long flowing massage movements which helps alleviate physical tension and releases mental, emotional and spiritual blockages.
- Ear Candling CCOC – Ear Candling also know as thermo-auricular therapy ear candling involves placing a specialised candle in the clients ear canal it create a low – level vacuum that draws out earwax and impurities, relieving pressure in the head and sinuse
- Onsite Massage 6N3478 – is to enable the learner to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide on-site massage treatments to the general public, working on upper back arms and head and stress managements techniques.
- Indian Head Massage 6N3477 –Indian Head Massage one of the oldest forms of Head massage working on the client upper body, head, and face, using specific massage techniques.
- Nutrition 5N2006 – to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to understand the effects of food and nutrition on an individual’s health and personal well-being for all age groups. To appreciate the role of food and its significance in the management of various conditions and diseases.
ITEC Holistic Massage Therapy Diploma and ITEC Level 3 Sports Massage or equivalent e.g. Personal Trainer with Sports Massage.
Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- ITEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
Spas, salons, health farms, self-employed professionals, cruise ships.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €580 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250). See Payment for details.
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage
- TEC Level 3 Award in Massage using Pre-Blended Aromatherapy Oils
- ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Stone Therapy Massage
- CCOC: Certificates Lymphatic Drainage and Lomi Lomi Massage, Ear Candling, QQI component Certificates in Onsite Massage Level 6, Indian Head Massage Level 6 and Nutrition Level 5.
- Work Experience: Students are encouraged to complete 40 hours of work experience/shadowing in a holistics environment as part of this course, which they will organise themselves.
- Click to view, print or download prospectus page.
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
My experience in the Cork College of Commerce was welcoming and professional. I received excellent tuition and there was a very good support structure. I developed a good exam technique and acquired practical skills which are essential for the modern office. I found the staff to be encouraging, supportive, motivating and caring. My colleagues were also helpful and supportive throughout the course. I am currently employed by the HSE and am happy and confident in my work place. Everything I learned in Essential IT for the Office is relevant for my job on a day-to-day basis.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.