Have you got a flair for beauty and a desire to work in a spa or salon? If so, this course will provide you with the basic skills and techniques needed to work as a therapist or in the retail sector of the beauty industry. You will learn in state of the art facilites working with top class products and have access to masterclasses and workshops.
- Anatomy and Physiology 5N0749 – Develop an understanding of the interrelationship between the systems of the body. e.g. digestive, system, respiratory system, nervous system, skeletal system etc.
- Body Massage and Figure Analysis 5N3465
- Customer Service 5N0972 – Apply the personal skills, qualities and attitudes required to perform effectively when dealing with customers. Handle a range of challenging situations, demonstrate team or group work in providing customer care. Look at practical examples of organisations with good customer care and their success.
- Indian Head Massage 6N3477
- Manicure, Pedicure and Waxing 5N3467
- Beauty Therapy Industry Ethics and Practice 5N3470
- Skincare Eye Treatments and Make-Up 5N3466 – Explore all areas of skincare & eye treatments to include: skin analysis, skincare, facial procedures, specialised products, eyelash tinting, eyebrow tinting & shaping and makeup for special occassions.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practice employability skills with a view to future planning.
- CCOC Phorest Salon Software Certificate
- CCOC First Aid Workshop
Leaving Cert, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement.
An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Professional guest lecturers
- Introduction to Phorest salon software
- State of the Art practical rooms
- OLOS Professional Training
- First Aid workshop
- Fuchsia makeup Master class
- Spray Tanning workshop
- Eyelash Extensions and High Definitions Brows workshop
- Hot Stones Massage workshop
Excellent progression opportunities including:
- CCOC ITEC Beauty Therapy Diploma Year 1
- IT Tralee: Health & Leisure (TL771)
- IT Tralee: Health & Leisure (TL772)
See Progressions for full progression information.
Hotel spas/salons, cruise liners, self employed professional, pharmacies, department store beauty counters. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
QQI Level 5 Certificate in Beauty Therapy 5M3471
Phorest Salon Software Certificate
€700 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250). Course requirements (uniforms and kits) €550. See Payment for details.
My time in Cork College of Commence studying Beauty Therapy was fantastic with such a great bunch of girls all there to help each other. The teachers were so understanding and helped each us reach our best potential which showed in exam results at the end of the year when the effort was put into it.
It was a very interesting course and I loved every minute of it, studying a lot of different aspects and subjects was an eye opener, as I didn’t realize how in depth the course would be but it stands to me working in the beauty industry today, I am currently working in Jessie’s hair and beauty day spa in Clonakilty.
I have gotten a job with Steiner and will be leaving on the 11th of December! I wanted to say a very belated thank you for arranging the tour of the cruise ship in Cobh last May. It was the most amazing day ever, I’ll never forget it. It really motivated me to work towards getting a job with Steiner and here I am 6 months later ready to jet off!! I couldn’t be happier and it’s all thanks to the Beauty Therapy course and the incredible teachers.
I completed The Nail technician course in The College of Commerce and I am now Manager of Nails Inc. in Brown Thomas on Patrick Street. I found the course extremely helpful and it gave me a great foundation in the Industry. I still have a very good relationship with the Collage and I guest speak to the students on an annual basis in regard to working in the Industry and any help or advice I can give them.
We at Esthetica have had a very positive experience employing a graduate from the Beauty therapy course at the college. The student was well prepared for her 600 hours work experience and after this she was fully ready to work with our clients. The clients are loving her.
As part of my work experience I was the make up artist for two short films being made by another college. This was a wonderful opportunity for me to learn about the production of films and what its like to be on set as a make up artist. Since the course I am working as a freelance artist doing weddings, photo shoots and theatre work. I would highly recommend this course to anyone thinking of becoming a make up artist.
I own and manage Shirley’s Beauty Clinic in Glanmire for over 20years now and we are delighted to Liaise with Cork College of Commerce as the students we employ from The Beauty Therapy and Holistic Therapy have always been of a very high calibre. I am delighted with not only the students but also the practical and theoretical knowledge they gained in the College.