Are you enthusiastic, committed and dedicated to a career in the beauty industry? If so, consider this internationally recognised course combining ITEC and CIDESCO to ensure that you can travel anywhere in the world to work or become self employed. Students work with highly prestigious Dermalogica and OLOS products. Learn the skills in state of the art facilities with top class products and get hands on experience in the colleges own salon. Masterclasses and workshops
are also included in this busy course.
- Skincare and Eye Treatments – Unit 9 – acquire the theoretical knowledge & practical skills required to perform full facial routines using OLOS professional skincare products to treat a variety of skin types & conditions as well as eyelash & eyebrow tinting and eyebrow shaping for enhancement of the eye area
- Make-Up – Unit 10 – acquire the theoretical knowledge & practical skills required to apply make-up in a hygienic manner for a range of occasions to include daytime, evening, bridal and special occasions using a variety of Fuschia Mineral Make-up products
- Manicure and Pedicure – Unit 11 – acquire the theoretical knowledge & practical skills required to safely perform natural nail manicures and pedicures to include luxury treatments such as paraffin wax and heated mitts and boots
- Waxing – Unit 12 – acquire the theoretical knowledge & practical skills required to perform safe and effective hair removal treatments on all areas of the body using Depileve hot wax & cool wax
- Professional Conduct and Business Awareness – Unit 22
- Facial Electrical Treatments – Unit 13 – acquire the theoretical knowledge & practical skills required to safely use a variety of Carlton professional facial electrical machines to treat a range of skin types & conditions such as sensitivity, anti-ageing and anti-acne.
- Epilation – Unit 18: – Practical -Electrical Epilation is the permanent removal of unwanted hair , students will gain experience and qualify in this specialised skill.
- Swedish Massage – Unit 14 – acquire the theoretical knowledge & practical skills required to safely and effectively perform a full body massage incorporating all 5 classical massage movements for a variety of benefits including relaxation, improving poor sleep patterns, boosting circulation & easing muscle tension
- Figure Diagnosis and Body Electrical Treatments – Unit 15 – acquire the theoretical knowledge & practical skills required to safely assess clients to identify a variety of figure & postural faults in order to effectively perform electrical treatments using a range of Carlton professional body electrical machines to treat a variety of conditions such as cellulite, postural faults, poor circulation and poor muscle tone
- Anatomy and Physiology Units 30 -40
- CIDESCO Aesthetics and Body Therapies:- CIDESCO Beauty Therapy Diploma
- This qualification is the world’s most prestigious qualification for Aesthetics and Beauty Therapy which has set international standards since 1957. On completion of the 2 year course, students take the CIDESCO Examination which consists
Project with Case Histories
Written examinationPROJECT WITH CASE HISTORIES
Candidates are required to research and write a Project assignment (2500-4000 words) on a subject relevant to the study of beauty therapy and connected to their Case Histories.
The prestigious CIDESCO Diploma is awarded to candidates who have passed the CIDESCO examinations and given proof of having gained at least 600 hours work experience in a beauty centre/salon.
- Optional short courses include: Indian Head Massage, Hot Stones Massage, Gel Polish(Nails), Advanced Waxing and Spray Tanning
Leaving Certificate must include Biology or Leaving Cert Applied Science Modules 1 and 4. Mature students may be granted exemptions. Candidates must pass Year One in order to progress to Year Two of the course.
- Professional guest lecturers
- Introduction to Phorest salon software
- Leadership/Entrepreneurship workshop with the Entrepreneurs Academy
- State of the Art practical rooms
- Specialist training workshops
- Salon experience
- Dermalogica Partnership Programme – conducted by Dermalogica trainers
- OLOS Professional Training
- First Aid Training
- Fuchsia Make Up Master class
- Spray Tanning workshop
- Eyelash/Eyebrows workshop
- Hot Stones Massage workshop
- Indian Head Massage workshop
NABTET Teacher Training, ITEC Teacher Training
Self employment, contract work, salon/spa, cruise liners, beauty consultancy, tutoring, health farms, department store beauty counters. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
- ITEC Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Epilation
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology
- Phorest Salon Software Certificate
- CIDESCO Beauty Therapy Diploma
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Body Treatments
Year One: €974 approx includes examination fees and registration fees, €500 approx. for cost of kits uniforms and books. Year Two: €1,050 for examination and registration fees. €55 approx. for kits and books. See Payment for details.
I own and manage Shirley’s Beauty Clinic in Glanmire for over 20years now and we are delighted to Liaise with Cork College of Commerce as the students we employ from The Beauty Therapy and Holistic Therapy have always been of a very high calibre. I am delighted with not only the students but also the practical and theoretical knowledge they gained in the College.
I have gotten a job with Steiner and will be leaving on the 11th of December! I wanted to say a very belated thank you for arranging the tour of the cruise ship in Cobh last May. It was the most amazing day ever, I’ll never forget it. It really motivated me to work towards getting a job with Steiner and here I am 6 months later ready to jet off!! I couldn’t be happier and it’s all thanks to the Beauty Therapy course and the incredible teachers.
We at Esthetica have had a very positive experience employing a graduate from the Beauty therapy course at the college. The student was well prepared for her 600 hours work experience and after this she was fully ready to work with our clients. The clients are loving her.
I completed The Nail technician course in The College of Commerce and I am now Manager of Nails Inc. in Brown Thomas on Patrick Street. I found the course extremely helpful and it gave me a great foundation in the Industry. I still have a very good relationship with the Collage and I guest speak to the students on an annual basis in regard to working in the Industry and any help or advice I can give them.
As part of my work experience I was the make up artist for two short films being made by another college. This was a wonderful opportunity for me to learn about the production of films and what its like to be on set as a make up artist. Since the course I am working as a freelance artist doing weddings, photo shoots and theatre work. I would highly recommend this course to anyone thinking of becoming a make up artist.