- Aesthetics & Body Therapies CIDESCO
- Swedish Massage CIDESCO
- Anatomy & Physiology CIDESCO
- Electrical Epilation ITEC
- Sanitation and Sterilisation; Occupational Health & Safety CIDESCO
- Dermalogica Partnership Programme workshops:Dermalogica is the professional’s choice in skincare and over 100,000 therapists use this brand worldwide. Students will attend a range of online workshops to achieve the “Aspire Excellence Award”. The Aspire Skills Series gives access to the most up-to-date and industry relevant training covering all aspects of skincare from retailing to client consultations and treatments, touch therapy to technology.
- Hot Stones Massage: During this Hot stone massage workshop learners will develop the skills and techniques to perform hot stone massages successfully, ensuring the client releases stored tension, boosts circulation, recharges energy levels and enjoys deep relaxation. The workshop includes a brief history of Hot Stone massage, outlines the contra indications to consider. In addition, it highlights the benefits of Hot Stone massage and explains the materials & equipment, required, how set up and includes a practical, hands on learning.
- Indian Head Massage: Indian head massage is a treatment that has multiple positive effects on the Nervous System focusing on the head, neck, shoulders upper arms and face. It is undoubtedly one of the most relaxing treatments and most enjoyable short courses to partake in. During the course you will be worked on and will work on each other in order to understand the true benefits both physically and mentally. During the course we will also cover Client consultation, understanding and checking for contraindications and client care. Additionally, Hygiene, Health and Safety and muscles and bones of the area will also be covered.
- We also offer students the opportunity to avail of a range of optional courses such as Threading, Gel Polish, Lash Lift & Brow Lamination, Lash Extensions, HD Brows etc. subject to demand.
Full QQI Level 5 Award in Beauty Therapy (5M3471), ITEC Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist Treatments and ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments are required.
- ITEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- NABTET Teacher Training Award
Students pursue a wide variety of careers such as working in hotel spas, beauty salons, cruise liners, beauty therapy tutor, mobile therapist, sales representatives, beauty counter sales and self employment.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €904. Other fees of €93.50 for uniforms and kits is paid directly to suppliers on registration day. See payment for detail.
- CIDESCO Beauty Therapy Diploma
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Epilation
- CIDESCO Sanitation and Sterilisation Award
- Work Experience: Students will undertake work experience one day a week in a salon environment, which they organise themselves. The college has a fully equipped training salon which is open on Fridays for customers and students also gain experience here.