Want to travel the world? Teach future CIDESCO students? Run your own salon?
With a CIDESCO Beauty Therapy qualification you are already on the path to that destination. Make your dreams a reality, and obtain the skills needed to set up a solid career in beauty therapy. Based in Zurich, the CIDESCO International qualification is recognised throughout the world for setting the highest standards of excellence in the Beauty Therapy profession.
- Aesthetics & Body Therapies CIDESCO
- Swedish Massage CIDESCO
- Anatomy & Physiology CIDESCO
- Electrical Epilation ITEC
- Dermalogica Partnership Programme workshops
- Hot Stones Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Brow Training
- Advanced Waxing
Full QQI Level 5 Award in Beauty Therapy (5M3471), ITEC Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist Treatments and ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments are required. Entry to this course is based on an interview, results and previous attendance. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at the interview.
- ITEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- NABTET Teacher Training Award
Students pursue a wide variety of careers such as working in hotel spas, beauty salons, cruise liners, beauty therapy tutor, mobile therapist, sales representatives, beauty counter sales and self employment.
- Duration: September to May
- CIDESCO Beauty Therapy Diploma
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Epilation
- Work Experience: Students will undertake work experience one day a week in a salon environment, which they organise themselves. The college has a fully equipped training salon which is open on Fridays for customers and students also gain experience here.
- Click to view, print or download prospectus page.
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
My experience in the Cork College of Commerce was welcoming and professional. I received excellent tuition and there was a very good support structure. I developed a good exam technique and acquired practical skills which are essential for the modern office. I found the staff to be encouraging, supportive, motivating and caring. My colleagues were also helpful and supportive throughout the course. I am currently employed by the HSE and am happy and confident in my work place. Everything I learned in Essential IT for the Office is relevant for my job on a day-to-day basis.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.