The world of legal, quality and regulatory compliance and data management is a growing area of importance as companies strive for best practice. In this course you will understand the role and importance in managing compliance and understanding of data management. The core subjects include Digital Compliance, Business Law, Safety & Health at Work, Statistics and Information & Communication Systems while ensuring skills in Spreadsheets and Communications are developed. This course will allow the student to support the compliance and data management functions in any business.
- Information and Communication Systems 5N1952 – Create a data capture form. Describe methods of securing data e.g access control, passwords, authentication etc. Explore data protection legislation. Use a range of common ICT terminology including server, dumb terminal, LANs etc.
- Digital Compliance 6N1272 – The student will be equipped with the knowledge, skill and competence to ensure that an organisation complies with legal and ethical requirements in an ICT context
- Database Methods 5N0783 Use SQL to create a database with related tables, query that data, and produce meaningful reports. Free access to Office 365.
- Spreadsheet Methods 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Statistics 5N2066 – Understand data, data collection and compile statistical information. Identify and implement appropriate means of presenting data. Analyse and interpret statistical information and learn how to use statistics for work and life.
- Business Law 5N2091 – Learn the principles and practices of business law and its impact on a range of business organisations.
- Safety and Health at work 5N1974 – Learn how to promote safety and health in a work environment.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Preparation for the work place and a 2-week work placement in industry.
- Data Protection
- Microsoft Outlook
- R Programming
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Digital Humanities IT (CK118)
- Information Technology (CR888)
- Commerce (CK201)
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Business & Administration 6M4985
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Tourism & Hospitality (Tourism with Business) 6M5012
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Marketing with Event Marketing (Business) 6M4985.
Special arrangements are in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for CCOC students. Up to 390 CAO points for any IT can be attained. Go to our progressions database for exact requirements on progressions for this course.
Quality Control support roles, Legal and Regulatory compliance support functions, IT Compliance support, Health and Safety compliance support.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €500 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250). See payment for details.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Information Processing 5M2067.
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as an option in the evening for learners requiring Maths for progression).
- Work Experience: Students undertake a block work placement of 2 weeks in a business/compliance/data management environment.
- Click to view, print or download prospectus page.