Are you an insightful thinker who challenges current ways of working? Allow new thinking to surface to better our work environment. This new Entrepreneurial course can offer you skills and competencies in Entrepreneurial Skills, Start your own Business skills and Marketing Practice along with other essential core functions. This course can help to develop your thinking to make you capable of analysing and generating differing points of view on multiple areas to make you a valuable addition to any work environment.
- Entrepreneurial Skills 5N1951 – Learn the skills relevant to the theory and practice of entrepreneurship and adopt an entrepreneurial approach to business and or social innovation activities, operating independently while under general direction.
- Start Your Own Business 5N1418 – Learn how to compile a business plan to enable you to start your own business.
- Business Administration Skills 5N1610 – Examine a range of recruitment options for selecting and appointing staff and current employment rights legislation. Maintain a range of documents pertaining to HR management and employees including employment contracts, attendance records etc. Explore sources of finance for a business including cash-flow. Examine different types of meetings held and complete a range of documentation necessary for the effective function of a meeting. Explain the role of quality systems.
- Spreadsheet Methods 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Digital Marketing 5N1364 – Choose appropriate e-tools to implement a digital marketing strategy. Plan a digital marketing campaign from inception to completion. Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns using analytical e-tools. Outline the stages of analysis, development, implementation and control of digital marketing campaigns. Use e-tools including web analytics, social media monitoring, social bookmarking to monitor digital marketing campaigns.
- Accounting Manual and Computerised 5N1348 – Get the knowledge, skill and competence to prepare financial statements for a range of rganisations both manually and using integrated accounting software
- Communications 5N0690 – Acquire the writing skills needed for the workplace, learn to speak fluently and coherently in a professional setting, develop interpersonal skills and have an understanding of the impact of ICT on society.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Problem Solving: This workshop gives the learner some basic skills to improve problem solving. The content includes understanding what problem solving really involves on a personal and team level, identifying types of information to gather and key questions to ask in problem solving. Additionally, Identifying the importance of defining a problem correctly, how to apply a structured approach to problem solving and gaining familiarity with tools and techniques available through practical activity will also be included.
- Microsoft Outlook: This workshop demonstrates how to use the internet to compose, send, receive and store electronic mail to include attaching a file to an email and managing email folders. It also facilitates the learner to explore areas related to browser-based email systems including demonstrating the use of at least one current email software package for example: compose, send, receive, reply, forward, print, store electronic messages and open file attachments, attach a file to an email message and create and manage mailboxes and transfer messages to and from relevant mailboxes. Furthermore, learners develop an appreciation of email etiquette as regards: content, length, style and tone of composed messages and they set up a web-based email account.
- Data Protection: This workshop gives learners an overview of GDPR. The workshop examines was GDPR stands for and gives an understanding of the current data protection rules and obligations. The learners also receive information on the types of data, the terminology associated with GDPR, the penalties with breaches, storage of data and general do’s and don’ts regarding data.
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Business & Administration 6M4985
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Tourism & Hospitality (Tourism with Business) 6M5012
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Marketing with Event Management (Business) 6M4985
- Business Studies (CR021)
- Commerce (CK201)
- Education, Business Studies & Accounting (M1009)
- Education, Business Studies & Religious Studies (M1010)
Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for CCOC students. Up to 390 CAO points for any IT can be attained. Go to our progressions database at https://corkcollegeofcommerce.ie/progressions/ for exact requirements on progressions for this course.
Graduates from this programme will be well placed to either seek employment in a business setting or to use their entrepreneurial skills to establish their own business.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €500 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250). See payment for details.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Studies 5M2102
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as an option in the evening for learners requiring Maths for progression).
- Work Experience: Students undertake a block work placement of 2 weeks in a business/industry environment.
- Click to view, print or download prospectus page.