Have you an interest in the property sector and would like to work in a busy Property Management Services, Auctioneers or Valuers as part of the admin team? Then this is the course for you. You will learn all of the necessary administration skills coupled with a specialisation in Valuation and Estate Agency Practice.This course also provides an opportunity to get familiar with the sector prior to considering the Apprenticeship in Auctioneering and Property Services.
- Valuation 5N3908 – Produce a valuation for a residential property using various methods. Outline essential considerations when arranging a mortgage. Distinguish between the key methods of property evaluation. Complete a freehold and a leasehold evaluation in respect of a leased commercial property. Explore the various government taxes including stamp duty, section tax relief etc. Understand the planning process, zoning and density.
- Estate Agency Practice 5N3025 – Create a press release and a brochure for the sale and letting of a property. Design suitable marketing material for an auctioneering company and the properties on its books. Demonstrate knowledge of the procedures followed from commencement of the sales process to completion of the sale. Explore the roles of relevant professional and legislative bodies in the industry.
- Business Administration Skills 5N1610 – Examine a range of recruitment options for selecting and appointing staff and current employment rights legislation. Maintain a range of documents pertaining to HR management and employees including employment contracts, attendance records etc. Explore sources of finance for a business including cash-flow. Examine different types of meetings held and complete a range of documentation necessary for the effective function of a meeting. Explain the role of quality systems.
- Marketing Practice 5N1400 – Conduct a SWOT analysis. Develop a marketing plan for a specific product or service. Examine the life cycle of a range of products including new product development. Explain the elements of the marketing mix. Carry out market research applying appropriate techniques and research methodologies.
- Word Processing 5N1385 – Learn to produce professional mailable document. Learn file management and a host of functions including clipart, headers, footers, watermarks, graphics, tabs etc.
- Customer Service 5N0972 – Apply the personal skills, qualities and attitudes required to perform effectively when dealing with customers. Handle a range of challenging situations, demonstrate team or group work in providing customer care. Look at practical examples of organisations with good customer care and their success.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Spreadsheets 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- myhome.ie software
- Safety & Health
- Microsoft Outlook
- Data Protection
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
Excellent progressions opportunities including:
- DIT: TU731 BSc Auctioneering, Valuation & Estate Agency, TU836 BSc Property Economics (Valuation Surveying) L8
- LIT: LC242 BSc Property Valuation and Management, LC248 BSc Built Environment (Common Entry)
- CCOC: Auctioneering & Property Services Apprenticeship
- CCOC: QQI Level 6 Advanced Business & Administration (6M4985)
- CCOC: QQI Level 6 Advanced Marketing with Event Management (Business) (6M4985)
- CCOC: QQI Level 6 Advanced Tourism & Hospitality (Tourism with Business) (6M5012)
Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for CCOC students. Up to 390 CAO points for any IT can be attained. Go to our progressions database for exact requirements on progressions for this course.
Administration roles in Auctioneering, Property Management etc.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €500 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250). See payment for details.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business 5M2102
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 and Statistics 5N2066 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths or Statistics for progression)
- myhome.ie certificate
- Work Experience: Students undertake work placement one day per week in partnership with a number of nominated estate agents/auctioneers for the duration of the year. Students are assigned to one of the partnership companies for their placement.
- Click to view, print or download prospectus page.
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
My experience in the Cork College of Commerce was welcoming and professional. I received excellent tuition and there was a very good support structure. I developed a good exam technique and acquired practical skills which are essential for the modern office. I found the staff to be encouraging, supportive, motivating and caring. My colleagues were also helpful and supportive throughout the course. I am currently employed by the HSE and am happy and confident in my work place. Everything I learned in Essential IT for the Office is relevant for my job on a day-to-day basis.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.