Learn how to become a practitioner in massage, reflexology, stress management and a host of other very desirable qualifications in order to join a team or become self employed. This very practical 2 year ITEC course, focusing on the healing therapies, will allow you to become a highly valued specialist in the field of holistic therapies.
- Holistic Massage ITEC – Learn classical Swedish massage techniques to treat physical and psychological problems by manipulating soft tissue/muscles for therapeutic purposes,
- Indian Head Massage ITEC – Use classic Swedish massage techniques for treating the scalp, face, neck, shoulders and upper arms. Learn to effectively use this technique for treating stress because it works on the areas of the body most affected by stress. Explore how the treatment focuses on the upper body and head even though the effects are felt throughout the mind and body.
- Stress Management, (Practical)(On Site Massage) ITEC
- Reflexology(Practical) ITEC – Practice a therapy working on the feet to treat the whole body by manipulating reflexes that corresponds with organs of the body, right foot /right side of body, left foot left side of body.
- Reflexology(Theory) ITEC – Learn the theory underpinning the practice of reflexology
- Skincare Level 2 – Learn to analysis and treat different skin types to improve the condition of common skin issues including skills of cleansing, toning, massage exfoliating and facial masks. You will learn the functions and structure of the skin as well as the effects & benefits of treatments and products recommended for the skin.
- LomiLomi massage/Ear Candling CCOC
- Professional Conduct and Business Awareness ITEC
- Anatomy and Physiology ITEC
- Aromatherapy ITEC– Practice using essential oils to help restore balance in the body. Learn about this form of natural healing that is more than 8,000 years old. Aim to treat the whole person by taking account not only of their physical state but also their emotions, which can have a profound effect on general well-being
OR Leadership 6N2191
- Sports Massage Therapy Level 4 ITEC
- Spa Treatments CCOC
- Sports Massage Therapy Level 3 ITEC
- Nutrition 5N2006
- Hot Stone Massage ITEC
- Lymphatic Drainage CCOC, a gentle rhythmic style of massage that mimics the action of the lymphatic system. Students work on the skin as opposed to working with the muscles using specific external massage strokes to move fluids out of body tissues and into the lymphatic system
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. For year 2, year 1 modules need to have been passed in the first year. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Professional guest lecturers
- Practical training workshops
- State of the Art practical rooms
- Open clinic within the college
- First Aid workshop
- Visit to Hotel/Spa for Year 2 students
- Strapping/Taping workshop
- World wide recognition of qualification
Spas, salons, health farms, hotels, self employed professional, cruise ships. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
ITEC Diplomas in Holistic Massage,Reflexology, On Site Massage,Indian Head Massage
CCOC Certificates in Lomi Lomi Massage and Ear Candling
ITEC Level 2 Skincare
ITEC Professional Conduct & Business Awareness
ITEC Level 3 Aromatherapy
ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage
ITEC Level 4 Diploma in Sports Massage
CCOC Certificate in Spa Treatments
CCOC Certificate in Lymphatic Drainage
ITECLevel 3 Certificate in Stone Therapy
QQI Component Certificates in Leadership and Nutrition
These costs includes examination fees and certain course materials. Medical card holders exempt from €220. Amounts may change slightly subject to sterling exchange rate. Additional costs for kits and course material. See Payment for details.
I own and manage Shirley’s Beauty Clinic in Glanmire for over 20years now and we are delighted to Liaise with Cork College of Commerce as the students we employ from The Beauty Therapy and Holistic Therapy have always been of a very high calibre. I am delighted with not only the students but also the practical and theoretical knowledge they gained in the College.
I am thrilled with my experience in Cork College of Commerce. I learned so much from my 2 years in Holistic and Physical Therapies. I gained practical course expertise but also fantastic life skills such as client care, communication and interpersonal skills and for me personally, self-awareness and empathy.
I had wonderful lecturers who very much cared about their students and were always available whenever I needed any extra help. I also gained life long friends over the 2 years of my course.
I now work as a spa therapist in the Escape Spa Imperial Hotel Cork, a career choice which I credit my college lecturers. This course has honestly influenced my life for the better.
Finally, if you are considering this course, I have no hesitation in recommending it! It may change your life…it certainly changed mine!
College of Commerce is the place to meet awesome people, great staff and the best teachers!
The Holistic and Physical Therapies course is only 2 years. It is recognized outside Ireland so if you love a hands on career and travelling, this is the course for you.
To succeed in this course you need to be passionate about the human body and mind. You will need to study hard and practice your massage techniques outside college hours. This course will also teach you how to become an entrepreneur if you like to set up your own business.
I love my current position as a massage/beauty therapist in The Spa at the Kingsley, in Cork where I am doing a large range of treatments.
I really enjoyed studying at College of Commerce where I learnt theoretical as well as practical knowledge. The course changed my life and helped me to become the best of myself.
I’m so thrilled I decided to go to CCOC, it really has changed my life I’ve met life long friends. In November 2015 I opened up my own holistic room in the main street of Midleton called Serendipity Holistic Haven and I’m loving this new exciting adventure that hopefully will continue to go on for years to come. If you’re reading this unsure of what to do, go for it, make the right decision, you won’t be sorry and will truly enjoy the experience.
I consider my time in college as my most valuable experience. There’s definitely a lot of work, but I guess I expected that. I had to make my own decisions and discipline myself.
The biggest thing I learned last 2 years is that I can get so much done in one day. Before I started college, I would waste entire days doing nothing. Now, I put my time to good use, and my time-management skills have dramatically improved.
First, my experience in college has given me a chance to sharpen my skills in my field of choice. And as a result, this valuable experience helped me in my career.
Not only does attending college get you one step closer to being qualified for a career of your dreams, but college also allows you to have fun while you work hard. Now, going to college can be fun because you get to meet new people who have the same interests as you. When you are away from your family, your friends become your most important support network. These are the people you turn to when something goes wrong but also when something goes right.
I was very lucky having wonderful teachers that care about you and want to see you excel inside and outside the classroom.
In addition to learning practical skills, being in college has also taught me a lot about business skills and client care. This has made my time in college much more enriching and worthwhile.
In summary, my time in college has enriched my life in many ways and has enabled me to become more successful in life.
As part of my work experience I was the make up artist for two short films being made by another college. This was a wonderful opportunity for me to learn about the production of films and what its like to be on set as a make up artist. Since the course I am working as a freelance artist doing weddings, photo shoots and theatre work. I would highly recommend this course to anyone thinking of becoming a make up artist.