This ITEC two year programme equips students with a set of Diplomas which focus on the healing therapies. Students from the college are highly valued within the industry in a variety of environments. Students are also qualified to establish themselves in their own business.
Year 1: ITEC Diplomas in Holistic Massage; Reflexology; On Site Massage; Indian Head Massage. Certificates in Reiki 1 and 2 (optional) and a QQI Component Certificate in Nutrition.
Year 2: ITEC Diplomas in Aromatherapy; Level 3 & Level 4 Sports Massage; Sports Equipment; Lymphatic Drainage. QQI Component Certificate in Skin and Eye Treatments. Certificates in Reiki 3 and Advanced (Optional).
€1,200 for year 1 and €1,200 for year 2. These costs includes examination fees, kits and certain course materials. Medical card holders exempt from €220. Amounts may change slightly subject to sterling exchange rate.
- Holistic Massage ITEC – Learn classical Swedish massage techniques to treat physical and psychological problems by manipulating soft tissue/muscles for therapeutic purposes,
- Indian Head Massage ITEC – Use classic Swedish massage techniques for treating the scalp, face, neck, shoulders and upper arms. Learn to effectively use this technique for treating stress because it works on the areas of the body most affected by stress. Explore how the treatment focuses on the upper body and head even though the effects are felt throughout the mind and body.
- Stress Management, (Practical)(On Site) ITEC
- Hygiene in the Workplace ITEC,
- Reflexology(Practical) ITEC – Practice a therapy working on the feet to treat the whole body by manipulating reflexes that corresponds with organs of the body, right foot /right side of body, left foot left side of body.
- Reflexology(Theory) ITEC – Learn the theory underpinning the practice of reflexology
- Nutrition QQI 5N2006
- Stone Therapy Massage/LomiLomi Treatments CCOC
- Professional Conduct and Business Awareness ITEC
- Anatomy and Physiology ITEC,
- Optional: Reiki 1 and Reiki 2
- Aromatherapy ITEC– Practice using essential oils to help restore balance in the body. Learn about this form of natural healing that is more than 8,000 years old. Aim to treat the whole person by taking account not only of their physical state but also their emotions, which can have a profound effect on general well-being
OR Adventure Activities 5N4646
- Sports Therapy ITEC
- Spa Treatments ITEC
- Sports Equipment ITEC
- Lymphatic Drainage CCOC, a gentle rhythmic style of massage that mimics the action of the lymphatic system. Students work on the skin as opposed to working with the muscles using specific external massage strokes to move fluids out of body tissues and into the lymphatic system
- Skincare and Eye Treatments QQI 5N3466
- Optional: Reiki 3, Reiki Advanced, Ear Candling
Leaving Certificate or equivalent. For mature Students experience will be accepted in lieu of formal qualifications. For year 2, year 1 modules need to have been passed in the first year.
- Professional guest lecturers
- Pitstop Leadership Programme from Common Purpose for selected students.
- Practical training workshops
- State of the Art practical rooms
- In-house salon work experience
- World wide recognition of qualification
Spas, salons, health centres, hotels, self employed professional, cruise ships. All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
I’m so thrilled I decided to go to CCOC, it really has changed my life I’ve met life long friends. In November 2015 I opened up my own holistic room in the main street of Midleton called Serendipity Holistic Haven and I’m loving this new exciting adventure that hopefully will continue to go on for years to come. If you’re reading this unsure of what to do, go for it, make the right decision, you won’t be sorry and will truly enjoy the experience.
I consider my time in college as my most valuable experience. There’s definitely a lot of work, but I guess I expected that. I had to make my own decisions and discipline myself.
The biggest thing I learned last 2 years is that I can get so much done in one day. Before I started college, I would waste entire days doing nothing. Now, I put my time to good use, and my time-management skills have dramatically improved.
First, my experience in college has given me a chance to sharpen my skills in my field of choice. And as a result, this valuable experience helped me in my career.
Not only does attending college get you one step closer to being qualified for a career of your dreams, but college also allows you to have fun while you work hard. Now, going to college can be fun because you get to meet new people who have the same interests as you. When you are away from your family, your friends become your most important support network. These are the people you turn to when something goes wrong but also when something goes right.
I was very lucky having wonderful teachers that care about you and want to see you excel inside and outside the classroom.
In addition to learning practical skills, being in college has also taught me a lot about business skills and client care. This has made my time in college much more enriching and worthwhile.
In summary, my time in college has enriched my life in many ways and has enabled me to become more successful in life.
As part of my work experience I was the make up artist for two short films being made by another college. This was a wonderful opportunity for me to learn about the production of films and what its like to be on set as a make up artist. Since the course I am working as a freelance artist doing weddings, photo shoots and theatre work. I would highly recommend this course to anyone thinking of becoming a make up artist.