Learn how to become a practitioner in massage, reflexology, sports massage, Spa treatments and Skincare, in order to join a team or become self-employed. This practical ITEC course, focuses on healing therapies, which will help you to become a highly valued specialist in your field of holistic therapies. Students will enhance their skills in the open clinic within the college. The college has state of the art practical rooms.
- Anatomy & Physiology ITEC
- Professional Conduct & Business Awareness ITEC
- Holistic Massage ITEC – Learn classical Swedish massage techniques to treat physical and psychological problems by manipulating soft tissue/muscles for therapeutic purposes.
- Reflexology ITEC – Practice a therapy working on the feet to treat the whole body by manipulating reflexes that corresponds with organs of the body, right foot /right side of body, left foot left side of body and learn the theory underpinning the practice of reflexology
- Sports Massage ITEC – Level 3 Sports Massage enables learners to acquire the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to provide Massage to enhance sports performance and prevent injury.
- Spa Treatments CCOC – The main aim of the College of Commerce Certificate in Spa Treatments is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide spa treatments. Learners gain the necessary practical techniques such as Exfoliation, Body masks and Wraps and theoretical aspects to include Sauna & Steam, Sea water & Seaweed treatments and Hydrotherapy treatments such as Jet shower and Hydrotherapy Baths.
- Skincare ITEC – Learn to analysis and treat different skin types to improve the condition of common skin issues including skills of cleansing, toning, massage exfoliating and facial masks. You will learn the functions and structure of the skin as well as the effects & benefits of treatments and products recommended for the skin.
- First Aid: This First Aid workshop will introduce the learner to the principles of First Aid. On successful completion of this course you will be a vital link in the chain of survival. The course includes identifying the role and responsibilities of the first Aider, understanding the principles of infection control. In addition, learners will describe and demonstrate how to assess a casualty- by conducting an initial check, physical examination, by obtaining a SAMPLE history, assessing levels of Response (AVPU) and identifying problems that are an immediate threat to life. Finally, learners will describe the requirements for a handover to other health care practitioners.
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- CCOC: Advanced Holistic & Physical Therapies
- ITEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
Spas, salons, health farms, self-employed professional, cruise ships.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €882 year 1 and €830 year 2. See Payment for details.
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology Treatments
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage
- ITEC Level 2 Award in Facial Skincare
- CCOC Spa Treatments
- Work Experience: Students work in the college salon during the year.
- Click to view, print or download prospectus page.
Finding myself at a point in life where I was free to actively change my career I decided to follow the dream I had for a long time – to improve the wellbeing of others by studying and graduating as a holistic therapist. As reflexology was included in the curriculum at the Cork College of Commerce, I chose to come here. The two years here have been life changing for me. Studying with gusto modules that are of immense interest to me and learning an impressive new skill set. This was possible because our lecturers are second to none. Their enthusiasm for and knowledge of their modules brightens each class. With humour and compassion we were being well prepared not just for our final exams, but for life in our line of work. They really care for each student. So do all the staff at the college – caretakers, administrators, cleaners and the canteen staff. You will be surprised how their smiles and encouraging words will carry you through stressful periods. And, finally, when I think of my time here – it is vital to thank our class of 2019. Throughout the days we gave each other support and encouragement. Communication in class and over our shared lunches helped us to discover our strengths, helped us to organise getting through the assignments and many, many case studies and persevere our goals. I think with such love and high regard of each member of my college family. We still meet when we can. This is getting increasingly harder – because potential employers know that students of CCoC are trained to the highest standard, will be well organised, give excellent client care and become quickly a valued member of their team – and we therefore are now either employed, have decided to study further, forge out our own business or have passed on to higher fields. Now back home and working in a Spa in Killarney with joy I find that I absolutely love my work and am so happy that I travelled for two years from Killarney to Cork to get the necessary qualifications.
I finished the Holistic and Physical Therapies course in the College or Commerce and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
During my time in the college I learned practical, theory and social skills. This course prepared me very well for the working environment. I made friends and was able to learn with the help of teachers and other students.
After leaving the college I got a job for the summer in a 5 star spa in Killarney and I’ve since moved back to cork to another spa.
The opportunities with this course are amazing and can take you all over the world. I am very thankful for the college for helping me on my journey!
Last year I did QQI Level 5 Certificate in Office Administration, Medical and Dental Receptionist. I found the College of Commerce most welcoming and the teachers so helpful and encouraging. I gained confidence in myself as a person and found the whole experience helped me in my future career.
My experience in the Cork College of Commerce was welcoming and professional. I received excellent tuition and there was a very good support structure. I developed a good exam technique and acquired practical skills which are essential for the modern office. I found the staff to be encouraging, supportive, motivating and caring. My colleagues were also helpful and supportive throughout the course. I am currently employed by the HSE and am happy and confident in my work place. Everything I learned in Essential IT for the Office is relevant for my job on a day-to-day basis.
I was a student of Level 5 Reception and Customer Care. It was a wonderful course where I gained much confidence.The Cork College of Commerce opened up new paths and the experience was invaluable. Overall I would say that the Cork College of Commerce was a wonderful College.