This college welcomes applications from eligible international students. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they meet Immigration and Visa
requirements prior to applying for a place on a course. Post Leaving Certificate courses DO NOT feature on the Interim List of Eligible Programmes which lists the courses for which an overseas, non-EU/EEA applicant may apply for a study visa to enter the country.
Applications from citizens of EU/EEA countries are not liable for tuition fees, however other course fees may apply.
To qualify for free tuition fees, you must meet criteria with regard to:
- Nationality and immigration status and
- Course requirements
You must have been living in an EEA member state or Switzerland for at least 3 of the 5 years before starting your course. The members of the EEA (the European Economic Area) are the member states of the EU, along with Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.
2. Nationality and immigration
You must also fulfil one of the following 6 criteria as regards nationality and immigration status in Ireland:
- Be a citizen of an EEA member state (see above) or Switzerland or
- Have official refugee status or
- Be a family member of a refugee and have been granted permission to live in the State or
- Be a family member of an EU national and have permission to live in the State, with a stamp “4EUFAM” on your residence card or
- Have been granted humanitarian leave to remain in the State or
- Have been granted permission to remain in the State by the Minister for Justice and Equality, following a determination by the Minister not to make a deportation order under Section 3 of the Immigration Act 1999.
All other eligible international applications are subject to tuition fees of €3,653.
Applications from individuals in the process of seeking “leave to remain” are welcomed, inquiries should be made to email@example.com Applications from individuals in this category should note that the decision of the Irish Government to implement the EU Receptions Conditions Directive (2013/22/EU) may provide for their acceptance onto a PLC course, subject to certain conditions.
Applicants from outside of the State who are not EU/EEA citizens, should note that Post Leaving Certificate courses are not eligible to obtain a study visa to enter the state. Further details are available at www.icosirl.ie.