Cork College of Commerce aims to educate and train all learners in an inclusive, innovative, industry relevant environment, providing pathways for successful futures.
We embrace all aspects of learner diversity, and we are committed to providing a college community that is Inclusive of all our learners from diverse backgrounds, ages, and abilities. We want to ensure that the environment is safe, supportive, accessible, and welcoming for all.
Respect and Value
We support a climate of respect and thoughtfulness among learners and staff and work to develop relationships through trust, honesty, and respect of all.
Caring – We care
We care about our learners and their goals and strive to put their objectives at the heart of everything we do.
Change and adaptability
We respond positively to the rapid changes of our learner needs, our industry partners, awarding bodies and higher educational environments to ensure that we appropriately adapt to the needs of our stakeholders.
We recognise learners as our first priority, and endeavour to prepare our learners for the workplace, progression to 3rd level and for their future. We are committed to fostering the professional and personal growth of learners by providing them opportunities and pathways for their future. These interests are the primary focus of college decisions and activities.
We challenge ourselves to perform at and provide high standards in education, experience, and opportunity for all our learners.
OUR STRATEGIC FOCUS
- To provide a quality, learner-centred educational experience, led by engaged and innovative staff, and enhanced by our diverse learning population.
- To ensure our learners experience success, personally and professionally, and attain their personal goals to help them reach their full potential.
- To remain inclusive and provide for the diverse needs of our learners and to advance the progress of learners at risk of educational disadvantage and learners with additional education needs in order to support them to reach their potential in learning and life.
- To meet the changing nature of industry and society and ensure that our courses are relevant and applicable to current requirements. To make sure our learners acquire the knowledge and skills relevant for their needs.
- To collaborate, due to the changing nature of pathways, with external stakeholders to ensure our course provision is meeting the needs of industry, accreditation bodies and higher education partners, enabling progression pathways for our learners.
- To manage and utilise the college resources efficiently and effectively to ensure sustainability and value for money, within the Cork ETB guidelines.
- To improve the physical, social and mental well-being in our college, for our learners and staff alike.
- To continue to increase the use of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) within our college in order to provide excellence in teaching and learning, and to reduce our carbon footprint.