- Nail Technology /Nail Art(Theory and Practical) ITEC –Manicure, Gel polish application, Pedicure, Acrylic nails, Gel nails, Nail wraps i.e. silks/fibreglass, Sculptured nails, Nail Art for natural nails.
- Professional Conduct and Business Awareness ITEC – Learn about elements required for the work place and when running a business, subjects include business and health & safety.
- Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Beauty Therapy and Nail Services ITEC
- Retail Selling 5N1619 – Learn the technologies currently used in the retail sector including cash registers, bar code scanners, stock security devices etc. Learn about customer loyalty, merchandising, retail ethics and training and communication skills.Learn how to open and close a sale, deal with complaints or present alternative products.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning.
- Beauty Therapy Industry Ethics & Practice 5N3470 – Provides students with an understanding of business practices such as Sales, Marketing, Insurance and Finance. Also covers Health and Safety issues as well as Ethics within the beauty industry. Develop an understanding of the importance of communication to maintain positive, professional working relationships.
- CCOC Phorest Salon Software Certificate: Phorest Salon Software is an all-in platform that helps salon owners manage their appointments, clients, stock, and staff. It also has key features for marketing and social media to enable a salon to grow to its full potential. At the Cork College of Commerce, we offer our learners an introductory course in this software. This includes how to manage appointments and therapists, couple and group bookings. Additionally, beauty salon consultation forms, customer tracking, beauty salon marketing and selling and purchasing are also included.
- Certificate in Digital Marketing: An introduction to the world of digital marketing. This workshop is designed to enable participants to take their digital campaigns to another level. Learners will understand the difference between traditional and digital marketing, as well as understanding the digital environment.
- Data Protection: This workshop gives learners an overview of GDPR. The workshop examines was GDPR stands for and gives an understanding of the current data protection rules and obligations. The learners also receive information on the types of data, the terminology associated with GDPR, the penalties with breaches, storage of data and general do’s and don’ts regarding data.
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature applicants are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants will need to demonstrate an interest in Nails at interview and must bring with them a portfolio of some nail work completed by them as evidence of their interest. This should include at least 5 photographs of nails painted by the interviewee. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is on contingent on the applicant meeting the course requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
Excellent progression opportunities including:
This course is geared towards the workplace environment and employment.
Nail Technician in a Beauty Salon, Nail Bar, Nail Technician on Cruise ships e.g. Steiner, Self-employed /Mobile Nail Technician, (I.T.E.C is an International Qualification for work abroad) Product trainer, Sales Representative, Retail Industry.
All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to CCOC college jobs register and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €717 – this cost includes ITEC and QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €220). Approx €900 for kits, uniforms etc. which will be paid directly to suppliers on registration day. See Payment for details.
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology
- ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Nail Art
- Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention & Control (COVID-19) for Beauty Therapy and Nail Services
- QQI Level 5 Component Certificates in Work Experience 5N1356, Retail Selling 5N1619 and Beauty Industry Ethics & Practice 5N3470.
- Work Experience: Students undertake a work placement one day a week in a nail bar/beauty therapy environment, which they organise themselves.
- Click to view, print or download prospectus page.