Learn how to run a successful online business and how to market products, build sales and reach a broad customer base. Investigate how to get goods/services from raw material stage to the product or service desired by the customer. Run your own business or join a dynamic online business team with the skills you will learn.
Or send us your contact details and your query, and we will be in touch.
The course runs for 1 academic year. Marketplace Planning is a full time programme which runs from early September to mid May. Timetables vary from year to year.
QQI component Maths 5N1833 and Statistics 5N2066 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths or Statistics for progression)
NETSTOCK Inventory Management software Certification
€500 including QQI examination fees.(Medical card holders exempt from €250). See Payment for details.
- eBusiness 5N1369 – Use a range of e-applications including email, payment systems, video conferencing etc. Apply an ebusiness strategy to an existing organisation or process. Recommend appropriate ebusiness platforms , payment mechanisms, security components and recommend online purchasing and procurement processes including order tracking, shipping etc.
- Spreadsheet Methods 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning
- Digital Marketing 5N1364 – Choose appropriate e-tools to implement a digital marketing strategy. Plan a digital marketing campaign from inception to completion. Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns using analytical e-tools. Outline the stages of analysis, development, implementation and control of digital marketing campaigns. Use e-tools including web analytics, social media monitoring, social bookmarking to monitor digital marketing campaigns.
- Web Authoring 5N1910 – Learn the principles of good website design including target market, site objectives, navigation solutions etc. Plan an appropriate design and user interface for a specified website including documenting each stage and selection of an appropriate web authoring tool. Employ HTML and CSS code generators. website functionality and resolution of any functional issues. Learn about site maintenance.
- Supply Chain Operations 5N2409 – Explore the role of supply chain management in organisations, understand global trading environments, along with an awareness of current trends in supply chains. Focus on logistics paths from Asia, USA and Europe
- The Internet 5N1611 – Explore issues relating to security and confidentiality while using the internet e.g authentication, anti-virus protection, encryption and firewalls. Develop the skills necessary to develop web pages. Explore applications such as wikis and share documents such as Google Docs. Compose, send receive and store emails with attachments.
- International Trade Practice 5N2072 – Appreciate the range of customs procedures, documents and schemes for the Irish exporter. Examine current transportation practices to include route selection, modes of transport etc. Process a range of International trade documents to include a bill of ladling, a certificate of origin, an insurance certificate and standardised consignment notes in accordance with current requirements. Carry out calculations relevant to international trade including quotations, invoices etc.
- Customer Service 5N0972 – Apply the personal skills, qualities and attitudes required to perform effectively when dealing with customers. Handle a range of challenging situations, demonstrate team or group work in providing customer care. Look at practical examples of organisations with good customer care and their success.
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
- Two week work placement
- Professional guest lecturers and site visits
- NETSTOCK Inventory Management Software Training
- The Executive Institute event participation
- Site visits
- Entrepreneurial Skills workshop
- Workshop on Google Adwords and Display Advertising, Google Analytics and Social Advertising
- CIT: Business (CR021)
- UCC: Commerce (CK201) QQI Maths required as extra module by night
- UCC: BIS (CK203) QQI Maths required as extra module by night
- IT Tralee: Business (TL731)
- IT Tralee: Business Information Management (TL605)
- CCOC: QQI Level 6 Advanced Business 6M4985
- CCOC: QQI Level 6 Advanced Tourism (Tourism with Business) 6M5012
- CCOC: QQI Level 6 Advanced Marketing with Event Management (Business) 6M4985
Other excellent progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with CIT (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course. See Progressions for details.
Sales and marketing, marketing communications, online retailing sector, start your own business. All students can access the Jobs Hub. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
I loved my marketing and event management course in CCOC. It is a great college where you get a lot of support and help from your tutors. It gave me the confidence to pursue higher education, which I am currently studying a degree in Marketing and Multimedia at the University of Roehampton.
I am a 26 year old qualified accountant working in Quintas Partners in Cork City, I have this week took a senior accountant role within this firm which will give me the platform to progress in my career and achieve my goals I set in 2007 when I started my journey in Cork College of Commerce.
CCOC provided me with the encouraging, supportive & motivating environment I needed to excel in my studies & progress to UWSTD where I completed my Marketing degree with just one further year study there. The high marks I received in my degree was testament to the three years I spent in CCOC being constantly challenged & supported by brilliant teachers, as is my job as a Marketing Executive. The personal approach was one of my best aspects, everyone’s needs were catered for individually and there was no “one size fits all” attitude.