If exercise and fitness is your love and you want to learn how to motivate others to reach their fitness potential then this is the course for you. Plenty of action and practical activity, skills based learning and the theory to back it up. Learn the technical know how, improve your own fitness and learn to instruct others in a safe way. Practical work is carried out in a gym environment.
- Exercise and Fitness Health ITEC
- Gym Instructor ITEC
- Hygiene Health & Safety ITEC
- Personal Client Care ITEC
- Personal Trainer ITEC
- Sports Massage ITEC
- Exercise to Music ITEC
- Anatomy & Physiology ITEC
- Work Experience 5N1356
Optional Extra courses in Suspension Training, Studio Cycling, Kettle Bells, Strapping and Taping (CCOC certification), Step Aerobics
- CCOC Manual Handing Training and Certification
- First Aid
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is subject to an applicant meeting the requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
Prospective students need to be satisfied that they are physically able to complete the practical coursework.
Fitness Centres, Gyms, Hotels and Leisure Clubs, Sports clubs, Health spas, Physical Therapy clinics, Sports Massage Clinics, Self Employed Professional.
CIT: Recreation and Leisure Management (BBus), Level 7, Year 1 (CR032)
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €938 + €200 approx. for kits and certain course materials. Medical card holders exempt from €250. See Payment for details. These costs includes examination fees and certain course materials. Amounts may change slightly subject to sterling exchange rate.
- ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction (Gym Based Exercise)
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction (Exercise to Music)
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage 6
- Manual Handling Training and Certification.
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in the evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
- Work Experience: Students are encouraged to complete 40 hours of work experience/shadowing in gym/personal trainer environment as part of this course, which they will organise themselves.
- Click to view, print or download prospectus page.
I’m so thrilled I decided to go to CCOC, it really has changed my life I’ve met life long friends. In November 2015 I opened up my own holistic room in the main street of Midleton called Serendipity Holistic Haven and I’m loving this new exciting adventure that hopefully will continue to go on for years to come. If you’re reading this unsure of what to do, go for it, make the right decision, you won’t be sorry and will truly enjoy the experience.
I completed The Nail technician course in The College of Commerce and I am now Manager of Nails Inc. in Brown Thomas on Patrick Street. I found the course extremely helpful and it gave me a great foundation in the Industry. I still have a very good relationship with the Collage and I guest speak to the students on an annual basis in regard to working in the Industry and any help or advice I can give them
As part of my work experience I was the make up artist for two short films being made by another college. This was a wonderful opportunity for me to learn about the production of films and what its like to be on set as a make up artist. Since the course I am working as a freelance artist doing weddings, photo shoots and theatre work. I would highly recommend this course to anyone thinking of becoming a make up artist.