- Exercise and Fitness Health ITEC
- Gym Instructor ITEC
- Hygiene Health & Safety ITEC
- Personal Client Care ITEC
- Personal Trainer ITEC
- Sports Massage ITEC
- Exercise to Music ITEC
- Anatomy & Physiology ITEC
- Work Experience 5N1356
Optional Extra courses in Suspension Training, Studio Cycling, Kettle Bells, Strapping and Taping (CCOC certification), Step Aerobics
- CCOC Manual Handing Training and Certification: Manual handling training is required under Regulation 13 of the 1993 (General Application Regulations) and 1993 Manual Handling Regulations. This training programme is aimed at providing all persons at work with proper techniques when lifting, carrying, loading, pushing and supporting. It provides employees with good work practices such as proper lift Manual Handling Techniques. The course includes being aware of the necessity for safe methods of manual handling to reduce the risk of injury and understanding the need to avoid manual handling by using mechanical aids where possible. Furthermore, assessing the task using the TILE criteria (task, individual, load, environment) and implementing the correct method of lifting ensuring minimal risk to self and co-workers will also be included. Finally, knowing how to safely execute all relevant workplace manual handling tasks will be demonstrated. A certificate will be issued to learners who successfully complete the course.
- First Aid: This First Aid workshop will introduce the learner to the principles of First Aid. On successful completion of this course you will be a vital link in the chain of survival. The course includes identifying the role and responsibilities of the first Aider, understanding the principles of infection control. In addition, learners will describe and demonstrate how to assess a casualty- by conducting an initial check, physical examination, by obtaining a SAMPLE history, assessing levels of Response (AVPU) and identifying problems that are an immediate threat to life. Finally, learners will describe the requirements for a handover to other health care practitioners.
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is subject to an applicant meeting the requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
Prospective students need to be satisfied that they are physically able to complete the practical coursework.
Fitness Centres, Gyms, Hotels and Leisure Clubs, Sports clubs, Health spas, Physical Therapy clinics, Sports Massage Clinics, Self Employed Professional.
All students can access the Jobs Advice Hub. Graduates can subscribe to CCOC college jobs register and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €938 + €200 approx. for kits and certain course materials. Medical card holders exempt from €250. See Payment for details. These costs includes examination fees and certain course materials. Amounts may change slightly subject to sterling exchange rate.
- ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction (Gym Based Exercise)
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction (Exercise to Music)
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage 6
- Manual Handling Training and Certification.
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in the evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
- Work Experience: Students are encouraged to complete 40 hours of work experience/shadowing in gym/personal trainer environment as part of this course, which they will organise themselves.
- Click to view, print or download prospectus page.