- Purchasing 5N2727 – Examine criteria for evaluating quotations including illustrating how best to make comparisons. Learn the skills required to manage negotiations in purchasing. Investigate the basic legal considerations of a purchasing contract. Design a complaint and a claims procedure.
- Business Administration Skills 5N1610 – Examine a range of recruitment options for selecting and appointing staff and current employment rights legislation. Maintain a range of documents pertaining to HR management and employees including employment contracts, attendance records etc. Explore sources of finance for a business including cash-flow. Examine different types of meetings held and complete a range of documentation necessary for the effective function of a meeting. Explain the role of quality systems.
- Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised 5N1354 – Learn to record business transactions , post to ledgers and draw up a trial balance using both a manual accounting system and a computerised package.
- Word Processing 5N1385 – Learn to produce professional mailable document. Learn file management and a host of functions including clipart, headers, footers, watermarks, graphics, tabs etc.
- Spreadsheet Methods 5N1977 – Produce a spreadsheet that meets a simple design specification and is fit for purpose. Learn a range of spreadsheet features such as data and cell formatting techniques, conditional IF statements, financial, date and time functions. Generate a variety of types of graphs from spreadsheet data. Automate routine multi-step tasks through the creation, execution and management of simple macros.
- Teamworking 5N1367 – Participate in core team-working activities to include negotiation, problem solving, finding solutions, decision making and conflict resolution. Demonstrate appropriate communications, problem solving and negotiation techniques in a range of team-working situations and roles to include leadership roles and give a receive feedback. Monitor personal strengths and skills as a team participant.
- Business Law 5N2091 – Learn the principles and practices of business law and its impact on a range of business organisations.
- Negotiation Skills 5N5326 – Become competent in using negotiation skills in a range of environments to achieve mutually acceptable outcomes
- Work Experience 5N1356 – Planning, preparation and reflection on work placement. Job finding strategies, CV and personal statement preparation, interview skills. Practise employability skills with a view to future planning.
- Data Protection
- Microsoft Outlook
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the minimum entry requirements set out here, and satisfactory presentation at interview.
CIT/MTU: Business Studies (CR021)
CCOC: QQI Level 6 Advanced Business & Administration 6M498
Special arrangements in place with CIT/MTU (CCPS), Tralee IT/MTU and Waterford IT for preferential entry for CCOC students. Up to 390 CAO points for any IT can be attained. Go to our progressions database for exact requirements for this course.
Purchasing/Procurement departments, Category Procurement functions, Business administration and Support Centres, Supply Chain functions, Accounts payable functions, Project support functions.
- Duration: September to May
- Fees: €500 including QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from €250). See payment for details.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration 5M2468
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as an option in the evening for learners requiring Maths for progression).
- Work Experience: Students undertake a block work placement of 2 weeks in a purchasing/procurement/business environment.
- Click to view, print or download prospectus page.